12-30-2006, 11:24 PM
I have silver paint. I was thinking of -

GC Wash

Sonus Ultra-Fine Clay

Klasse AIO (applied by hand?)

Collinite 845 applied by hand

Z9/Z10 on black leather

Collinite 845 applied to wheels

I want to keep it simple since I dont have a PC. If you think something will work better please let me know! Thanks!

imported_Sludge
12-30-2006, 11:29 PM
Sounds like a good process. I have seen pictures around here of at least one silver BMW with Collinite and it looked really good.

BMW335i
12-30-2006, 11:43 PM
I am still debating whether I should go with Klasse AIO (seems easier) or Z2/Z5...My car does have slight swirls. How abrasive is AIO? I need the best polish for very light swirls. I don`t mind if they hide them or remove them, but I definetly want something very gentle.

imported_Surfer
12-31-2006, 12:05 AM
AIO won`t remove swirls, if it does it`s the pad doing the work if you had a PC. AIO is just a chemical cleaner, but will leave a light layer of acrylic protections that is perfect for bonding with any sealant or wax. Collinite 845 looks great on silver, there was a silver BMW on here w/ RMG and 845 I believe, if you search you`ll see pics, looked great! Just remember to apply AIO and 845 thin.

I know nothing of the Zaino polishes, so not sure of the abrassive quality. You can grab Megs Scratch-X otc if you only have a few spots with swirls and use that with some micros untill you get a PC.

Eliot Ness
12-31-2006, 12:06 AM
.......How abrasive is AIO?...........Not very abrasive at all and it will do very little to hide swirls. If you`re going to use 845 try some Meg`s #80 or OP with a polish pad first. If you`re going to go the Zaino route then get some Z-PC.

BMW335i
12-31-2006, 12:08 AM
Thanks guys. I was under the impression that AIO removed swirls as it stated on the product description. So it will not remove even VERY light/fine swirls? Does it remove wax like it says?

If AIO does nothing to remove swirls I am going to consider Zaino. I am thinking Z2 followed by Z5 with ZFX followed by Z6, then Grand Finale Spray. Is this overboard?

Eliot Ness
12-31-2006, 12:14 AM
Thanks guys. I was under the impression that AIO removed swirls as it stated on the product description. So it will not remove even VERY light/fine swirls? Does it remove wax like it says?

If AIO does nothing to remove swirls I am going to consider Zaino. I am thinking Z2 follows by Z5 with ZFXIf you use a polish pad it might remove some very light swirls due to the cut of the pad, but I wouldn`t expect much.... but it will remove wax because it is more of a chemical cleaner.

If you do the Z apply Z5 first and then finish with Z2 if you want. Z5 will fill some very minor swirls, but the key word is minor.

BMW335i
12-31-2006, 12:18 AM
If you use a polish pad it might remove some very light swirls due to the cut of the pad, but I wouldn`t expect much.... but it will remove wax because it is more of a chemical cleaner.

If you do the Z apply Z5 first and then finish with Z2 if you want. Z5 will fill some very minor swirls, but the key word is minor.

Yeah, I have very minor swirls. So the process will then go...

Wash

Clay

Z5 then Z2 (are the sprays Z6, Z8 worth it?)

Collinite 845

I want to keep it simple with maximum gloss/wetness output.

Eliot Ness
12-31-2006, 12:27 AM
Yeah, I have very minor swirls. So the process will then go...

Wash

Clay

Z5 then Z2 (are the sprays Z6, Z8 worth it?)

Collinite 845

I want to keep it simple with maximum gloss/wetness output.AIO would still be a good prep for the Zaino and also clean up your paint. I think Z6 and Z8 are both worth it if you`re going to do Zaino.