PDA

View Full Version : ONR first timer! Sweet!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Cooter
12-30-2006, 06:33 AM
:bigups Well, after much reading I finally tried out the bottle of ONR i`ve had for 2 months. I`m impressed with the product. It took me about an hour to do the whole car, but i took my time. I think once i get my technique down, hopefully i`ll be able to break about 20 minutes off that time (hopefully). I used 2 buckets, wheels first, pre-treated and then one panel @ a time, top to bottom with chenelle mits and PB`s WW`s. Topped it with OSW. This stuff its pretty amazing. Thanks Juztang for answering my questions and the fine OPT products. Now i guess i`ll be ordering it a gallon @ a time.

MattPersman
12-30-2006, 06:36 AM
it really is one of those things, seeing is believing. I dragged my feet to get some cause I don`t mind conventional washing, but to me the ONR wash is better, easier, and faster. I saw no learning curve as amount to use or streaking, as some have, perfect results first time.

DM101
12-30-2006, 07:02 AM
No doubt. Seeing is beleiving. The first time I read about ONR I said to myself no way. Then ScottWax and others said yeah in will work. Tried it and was amazed!!! Now I wash my car in my garage where it is nice and warm. Then wax. What a product!!

it really is one of those things, seeing is believing. I dragged my feet to get some cause I don`t mind conventional washing, but to me the ONR wash is better, easier, and faster. I saw no learning curve as amount to use or streaking, as some have, perfect results first time.

derekz
12-30-2006, 08:15 AM
I just tried this today as well, it is great! Like others I was somewhat skeptical but now think I will be using it all the time. Very easy to use and saves a lot of time. Not to mention I live in an apartment so conventional washing is a PITA.

imported_Big Jon
12-30-2006, 08:27 AM
I`ve used it 3 times now & love it. Finally have a way to keep the cars clean through a ND winter. I start at the top & do the wheels last with an old MF.

Cooter
12-30-2006, 08:43 AM
My car just keeps getting deeper and wetter looking to me (wetter?). Here`s some pics

Cooter
12-30-2006, 08:48 AM
Here`s another one!

Cooter
12-30-2006, 09:12 AM
Here`s another. Just took them a minute ago.

Cooter
12-30-2006, 09:20 AM
THe last fo them. Enjoy. Thanks for all the posts u guys put up in Autopia about ONR.!!!

Heatj

derekz
12-30-2006, 09:23 AM
Looks good Cooter. :goodjob

ret
12-30-2006, 10:58 AM
Nice rims cooter.

RET

imported_paradigm
12-30-2006, 11:04 AM
an extra bonus to using ONR is that i can hide in my garage and do it...that way my neighbors won`t think i`m a freak for washing my cars so often. hahahaha :)

you also avoid the "hey...is mine next?!?" comments. yeah!

Mark77
12-30-2006, 12:03 PM
I still prefer a hose to remove most of the loose dirt before touching the paint esp on wheels, wheel wells and tires , but I can see the benefit without one too( I have used it and QEW now and then over the last year). One big benefit is what paradigm mentioned, the neighbours won`t see what u are doing in the garage :lol Mine think I am crazy anyway becouse we share a parking hall in the building. They don`t even comment anymore, just smile and drive away with their filthy cars.

BMW335i
12-30-2006, 12:42 PM
an extra bonus to using ONR is that i can hide in my garage and do it...that way my neighbors won`t think i`m a freak for washing my cars so often. hahahaha :)

you also avoid the "hey...is mine next?!?" comments. yeah!

Haha, I hate those comments!!!

ej8tunerman
12-30-2006, 12:56 PM
I`ve used QEW twice now and after each time I could see marring when brought under the sun. I believe I used 2 ounces for 2 gallons, a seperate rinse bucket, Eurow Sheepskin Mitt, and a bunch of Microfibers. My car has never gone over a week and a half to without cleaning, and in this case each time I used QEW it went about 4-5 days before cleaning. I started from the roof and from there did one panel at a time. I let the Sheepskin mitt do all the work and did not apply any pressure what so ever, yet somehow still got marring. The car is a 98 Honda civic and the clear is very soft, but I dont think that is the problem?:nervous: