PDA

View Full Version : glaze?????

trhland
12-29-2006, 06:56 PM
is it worth it to use a glaze after polishing? or just go right to wax?

imported_Dave KG
12-29-2006, 07:14 PM
A pure glaze is a completely non-abrasive product that contains oils to wet the finish. On a darker coloured car, this will lead to a deep and wet looking finish.

Using a glaze can slightly affect the durability of products used after it, as some glazes leave an oily finish that some sealents will struggle to bond to, but it wont completely ruin durability or anything like that.

On darker coloured cars espeically I would say that it is well worth using a glaze.

trhland
12-29-2006, 07:18 PM
thanks. will it be hard to apply a wax after?

imported_Dave KG
12-29-2006, 07:20 PM
No, you should have no problems in applyting the wax after using a glaze - it shouldn`t be any more difficult than normal. :)

trhland
12-29-2006, 07:38 PM
is glaze tempory? does it contain silicons? is it only good to use if im going to a car show and really want a nice shine?

Envious Eric
12-29-2006, 07:50 PM
thats what glazes are typically used for....car shows

use a quality carnauba after a glaze....reapply every month for a nice wet look!!!

trhland
12-29-2006, 08:32 PM
if i have a lot of wax on my truck and one day i want to uses just a glaze and then a wax will the glaze remove all the wax that i had on previuse??

Juztang
12-29-2006, 08:37 PM
I like to mix ClearKote Vanilla Moose and Red Moose together (Pink Moose). This way you get a little bit of cut with the Vanilla and get the deep wet look from the Red. They almost disappear into the paint.

imported_MCA
12-29-2006, 08:51 PM
Glazes serve two purposes in my book: intensify the final finish and fill in any micro-marring on the paint. I plan on keeping my current car for a long, long, long time...so I try to minimize polishing to keep my clear coat as long as possible. Glazes are great at hiding *micro* marring but the effect is temporary and will wash off (some more readily than others). I currently use Meguiar`s #7 when I need these properties.

David703
12-29-2006, 09:25 PM
Glazes serve two purposes in my book: intensify the final finish and fill in any micro-marring on the paint. I plan on keeping my current car for a long, long, long time...so I try to minimize polishing to keep my clear coat as long as possible. Glazes are great at hiding *micro* marring but the effect is temporary and will wash off (some more readily than others). I currently use Meguiar`s #7 when I need these properties.

I agree. I do the same thing. I will glaze my 87 bronco that has the original, thin paint. I don`t want to polish again and if i see some micro marring I`ll glaze to hide them.

trhland
12-30-2006, 06:23 AM
were abouts in jersey are ya from david??

DM101
12-30-2006, 06:34 AM
ABSOLUTELY.....Glazes and pure polishes are the most over looked weapon in detailing. Red Moose glaze is my favorite. Then pure polishes MEG #5,7, and 81. #81 my favorite. You can use the pure polishes after a good wax job to add some boost without harming the wax coat, Try #81 light coat on top of Pin Souveran. Wow.... JMHO

trhland
12-30-2006, 06:42 AM
glaze over wax??? doesnt that remove the wax??

DM101
12-30-2006, 07:17 AM
glaze over wax??? doesnt that remove the wax??

YES!!! GLAZE will remove wax.... I am talking ab out PURE POLISHES Meguiare`s #3,#5,#7,#81 all pure polishes. They can be apllied over a good wax job without harming the wax coat. Confirmed by Meguiare`s personnel after talking with them on numerous ocassions.

Use GLAZE after polishing (EX, Menzerna FP II), then apply your wax. Wait 12 hours before adding another coat of wax. Wax must cure. After a couple of coat Meg. #7 can be used. It is used on show cars for a quick added boost before judging. It will not last but several days but it adds a nice finish for special ocassions. Turning heads.... I like # 81 myself. JMHO It`s fun to try different combos.........ZOOM---ZOOM----