PDA

View Full Version : My new garage

Pages : [1] 2

froll
12-29-2006, 02:02 PM
I have been looking at lots and losts of pix of everyone`s garage and thought I`d share some of mine which was just recently built. Appreciate any thoughts

coupe
12-29-2006, 02:03 PM
Is that a 1 stall?

froll
12-29-2006, 02:09 PM
Is that a 1 stall?

Actually, it`s more like 1 1/2. Here are 2 more pix - 1 of the outside and 1 with the car in it.

coupe
12-29-2006, 02:12 PM
Any reason you didnt build a 2 -2 1/2 stall?

I have a couple freinds who have a 1 -1 1/2 stall and they hate it.

froll
12-29-2006, 02:17 PM
I didn`t do a 2+ because unfortunately I only have about 8 feet to the left of the garage before my rear add-on where my mother-in-law lives. My wife wasn`t too keen on her mom staring directly into the side of the garage. I couldn`t go any more to the right because of a hill between my house and my neigbors which 1)would have cost a small fortune to "grade" and 2) would have required me to get a variance. So I compromised to 1 1/2. I`m pretty happy with it though.

trl2112
12-29-2006, 02:19 PM
Looks good. I just got 3 of those Craftsman wall cabinets for Christmas. :spot

imported_doctordon
12-29-2006, 02:38 PM
Nice. Paint the block work ...then epoxy the floor - keeps the dust to a minimum. Plus, you`ll find you can hose/squeege the floor just like cleaning windows. Hope you`re not in a high humidity area like me...

j i m

IBStoney1
12-29-2006, 11:15 PM
Nice layout and I could not help but notice the high tech carb adjuster on the floor in the corner. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Al.

Setec Astronomy
12-30-2006, 12:51 AM
Nice size for one car, plenty of room around the car to open the doors, chairs, lights, jacks, etc.

froll
12-30-2006, 08:24 AM
Nice layout and I could not help but notice the high tech carb adjuster on the floor in the corner. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Al.

In the old days, that was my stress reliever used after tedious and frustrating removal and replacement of distributor points wherein I would pound away at the old parts after insuring the new ones worked. Now, about the only thing I could identify under the hood is the windshield washer resevoir, and maybe the dipstick. I just couldn`t let my old friend disappear into oblivion even though she had been tucked away for years. She served me well and I decided to give her her own spot as long as shes not in my way. Of course my wife thinks I`m nuts with this whole garge thing anyway.

Setec Astronomy
12-30-2006, 09:04 AM
In the old days, that was my stress reliever used after tedious and frustrating removal and replacement of distributor points...

Ah, points...I`m so happy to not even have a distributor anymore...

froll
12-30-2006, 09:21 AM
"Distributor and points" - Mike - I think you and I have dated ourselves

Eliot Ness
12-30-2006, 10:01 AM
Nice layout and I could not help but notice the high tech carb adjuster on the floor in the corner........I thought he used that for PDR :chuckle:

Seriously, that`s a nice little garage........ a garage can never be too big, but you did well working with the space you have. Are those small heaters on each side of the wall near the floor?

Dan
12-30-2006, 10:05 AM
Nice setup so far, I like the fact that you have a wall heater. I see a tv, but no stereo?

froll
12-30-2006, 11:13 AM
Yes - I do have 2 4` heaters on either side which do a nice job heating up the garage. And, alas no stereo. I was going to put stereo in but since I mostly listen to my iPod I thought I wouldn`t be using a stereo much. I will say however that I did pre-wire for speakers before the drywall went up just in case I change my mind in the future.