PDA

View Full Version : ShMitt mini-review

scholar
12-29-2006, 01:52 PM
Used my new ShMitt yesterday and was amazed at how great it was.

This thing holds a lot of water..no more dripping and wasted soap/water. Took a good look at the finish to make sure no scratches were produced.

very easy to clean up (no Grit guard), just dumped it in my rinse bucket and the dirt easily wiped off. rinsing it after the was was easy too.

to those who haven`t tried it, I suggest you do. wouldn`t hurt to have an extra wash pad...:D

imported_Surfer
12-29-2006, 01:56 PM
Mine just came in an AG order I placed, can`t wait to use it. It was much softer then I was expecting, love the Edge pads so I`m sure I`ll love using this as well!

trl2112
12-29-2006, 02:17 PM
The ShMitt is a great tool, very soft and wash clean in the rinses bucket. Next is the wheel ShMitt for me they where OOS or it would be in my shipment that just arrived today.

Sergei
12-29-2006, 02:40 PM
I bought the white/yellow wash pad about a month ago. I became a believer after the first wash. I was extremely skeptical. The advantage of the white foam is that you can see the grit, which is easily scraped off from the edge of the rinse pail. The foam is extremely soft, but yet durable. My order from AG just came in for the white/white foam pad and the interior yellow/white.

My DD never gets too dirty, so I don`t know if would use the Shmitt on an extremely dirty car. But I am relieved that I stopped my habit of always stopping by a Walmart, Target, Kragen just to look at any wool mitts that are in good shape. My wool mitts don`t seem to last very long.

Diesel1
01-03-2007, 02:49 PM
Any of you schmitt users know if the schmitt will be good for boats? Will it hold up to being used on non-skid surfaces? Does it provide at least the same grunt as a sponge? It also needs to beable to be used on Plexiglass (Side curtains, etc)

BobD
01-03-2007, 03:10 PM
Any of you schmitt users know if the schmitt will be good for boats? Will it hold up to being used on non-skid surfaces? Does it provide at least the same grunt as a sponge? It also needs to beable to be used on Plexiglass (Side curtains, etc)

You might want to look at the Wheel Shmitt for the tougher surfaces and the Wash Shmitt on the softer surfaces.

imported_Surfer
01-03-2007, 05:46 PM
Just used the Shmitt yesterday for the first time, awsome!. Hold water and foam so much better then any other mitt. And the white foam is so soft, much softer then I was expecting. The yellow side is great for lower cladding. Don`t see myself using sheepskins or any other mitt anymore:2thumbs: