PDA

View Full Version : Start from zero

El Tano
12-29-2006, 12:46 AM
I purchased a new silver car in July..Since I don`t drive the car very often and is keep in a clean sealed garage, the car doesn`t really get dirty. Last month after I wash it I applied a coat of Gold class liquid wax and the car looks very clean, shinny and soft to the touch, but just for a couple of days. After a couple of days I applied another coat of wax. I keep the car in between washes with QD. Now I would like to do something to start from zero and give the car a nice proteccion. Can anybody tell me what to do, I`m very confuse with clay bar, paint cleaner, glaze, polish, sealer, etc etc. With some spots lights in some places I can see some very very light scratches on the car the are not round, they are straight 3 or 4 inches long and they go in different directions (swirls??).

I have a shop that details cars close to my house, but they don`t convince me after seeing a couple of cars done in the parking lot.

This are the products that I have and use, please feel free to recommend any changes..

Wash:

Meguiar`s Gold Class car wash shampoo & conditioner

Sheepskin wash mitt

Absorber (to dry)

wax:

Megs Gold Class liquid wax used with microfibers.

Interior:

Megs QID

Tires:

Hot Shine High Gloss Tire Coating

Thanks

sneek
12-29-2006, 12:49 AM
I am probably the biggest fan of gold class out there, but it doesn`t offer that much protection.

you can try using NXT tech wax.

El Tano
12-29-2006, 12:53 AM
But some say that stains...and when to use???

I don`t know the steps that I should follow...

El Tano
12-29-2006, 05:40 PM
http://melevsreef.com/g/bump2.gif

imported_themightytimmah
12-29-2006, 10:34 PM
If you have a Carquest or Napa near you, look into Duragloss. I`ve had great results with their lineup on gold, particularly #105 TPP and #951 Aquawax (it`s a spray, use it at every wash).