PDA

View Full Version : Question about Meg`s GC dosage

BMW335i
12-28-2006, 06:50 PM
Appx. how many capfuls do I need for a 5 gallon bucket? I think the bottle says 4 for 1 gallon..that means around 20 capfuls for a 5 gallon bucket and it seems like a ton of soap...

imported_MCA
12-28-2006, 07:01 PM
The standard dosage is 1 oz per gallon. Everyone has their own ways of measuring - I usually just "eyeball" it (similar to how a bartender "counts" when pouring drinks).

joyriiide1113
12-28-2006, 07:11 PM
I use 5 ounces for 5 gallons...

I got a measuring cup, filled it with water until it was 5oz exactly... poured it into a plastic cup and marked the measurement with a sharpie..

BMW335i
12-28-2006, 07:14 PM
I use 5 ounces for 5 gallons...

I got a measuring cup, filled it with water until it was 5oz exactly... poured it into a plastic cup and marked the measurement with a sharpie..

So when you dump and refill the wash bucket after the wheels (which you should do, right?) thats almost half of the bottle gone already!

MoneyPit
12-28-2006, 08:04 PM
I suggest using a different bucket for your wheels and paintwork and keep them seperate. Its hard to get brake dust residue out all the time.

Get at least a 64 oz jug of wash, cheaper per application. I typically just buy gallons.

BigAl3
12-28-2006, 08:48 PM
i use a clear laundry cup and measured 4 1/2 - 5 ounces (probably don`t need 5 ounces as you don`t fill the bucket completely full) of water from a measuring cup, and then poured it in and know now exactly where to fill it up with soap...

Setec Astronomy
12-28-2006, 09:55 PM
A couple of things, definitely go to Target or Costco and buy in bulk if you are going to use GC. At Target I think the 64oz. is $8.99, while the gallon is $10.99. I use 1oz/gal, but I find it streaks quite a bit if it dries on the paint. Since the suds are voluminous at that ratio, I`m going to try cutting it down a bit next time I use it.

joyriiide1113
12-28-2006, 10:45 PM
So when you dump and refill the wash bucket after the wheels (which you should do, right?) thats almost half of the bottle gone already!

Absolutely not. I mix one ounce of carwash into a 32oz spray bottle with water. I use that as my wheel cleaner. The 5 gallons of solution is strictly for paint...I also don`t use a 2nd bucket like some members here, only when I have driven throught he rain hard and have a thick crust on the lower side panels, other than that, one bucket, 2 grit guards, and lots of rinsing is fine.

BMW335i
12-28-2006, 10:47 PM
Absolutely not. I mix one ounce of carwash into a 32oz spray bottle with water. I use that as my wheel cleaner. The 5 gallons of solution is strictly for paint...I also don`t use a 2nd bucket like some members here, only when I have driven throught he rain hard and have a thick crust on the lower side panels, other than that, one bucket, 2 grit guards, and lots of rinsing is fine.

AH your are GENIUS! Why oh why didn`t I think of this before...:bow

Im serious, btw, lol.

firegate
12-29-2006, 03:22 AM
The beauty of GC is the $10/gal price at target ;). I just picked up a small pyrex measuring cup for $2.50 at the supermarket to use for measuring concentrations - makes things much easier.

Setec Astronomy
12-29-2006, 08:51 AM
The beauty of GC is the $10/gal price at target ;).

They raised it to $10.99 this year at my local Targets. :( Still a good deal though.