PDA

View Full Version : Business cards I got for XMas....

mose
12-28-2006, 05:22 PM
My fiance got me my first set of business cards for XMas. She had no idea of what design I wanted or what I was going to call my business or anything. She totally went off the cuff and came up with something on her own. She knows that this will not be my "final" business card..but it`s a great start. I wanted to run what she put on it by you guys and see what you thought.............

"From the wheels to the windsheild,

I care about your car and it`s appearance.

My quality products and professional

techniques will make your car shine!"

I don`t think it`s too bad for off the cuff!! I know it`s a little long for the front of a card....but it`s a start!

FXDWG3
12-28-2006, 05:25 PM
OK, not being a jerk or anything - or at least intentionally - but "it`s" is a contraction for "it is" --- so it should be "its" - which is the possessive form. Sorry, but some people will certainly notice.

BMW335i
12-28-2006, 05:45 PM
OK, not being a jerk or anything - or at least intentionally - but "it`s" is a contraction for "it is" --- so it should be "its" - which is the possessive form. Sorry, but some people will certainly notice.

:har: Does it really bother you that much?

mose
12-28-2006, 05:53 PM
I totally aprreciate the input. I checked the card and it`s correctly spelled on the card. Thanks!!

mose
12-28-2006, 06:11 PM
I was kinda looking for comments about the slogan though..........:2thumbs:

abbeysdad
12-29-2006, 11:12 AM

I care about your car and it`s appearance.

My quality products and professional

We might usually think of something as being clean from top to bottom or bottom to top, but the "wheels to windshield" (windshield was spelled wrong in your post) is cute - I like it.

I have some trouble with the second part unless you manufacture your own products. Nitpicking to be sure, I`d say the "My use of quality products and professional techniques..."

I`d also suggest that any detailer should stay away from the "first person" in cards or adds. Perhaps symantecs, but the use of "we" and "our" makes you sound bigger and more professsional. So in your case:

we care about your car and it`s appearance.

Our use of quality products and professional

Now having said all this, the above reads like a nice add, but I`m not so sure it belongs on a business card. I think you need a company name, phone-address-hours info and a simple catch phrase that defines your mission of quality workmanship.

Just my $.02 - but I`m sure others have thought much more about this.

coupe
12-29-2006, 11:31 AM
Where do you go to get cards made?

01bluecls
12-29-2006, 11:34 AM
Vistaprint can make cards and prices are reasonable. Mose....Your fiance did a nice gesture. I dont know if you are detailing full-time or on the side but the card isnt bad. IF you are detailing full-time you might want to consider new cards but for a part time/weekend warrior detailer the cards are just fine.

coupe
12-29-2006, 11:39 AM
Is vistaprint a store or a site?

mose
12-29-2006, 12:08 PM
Vista Print is a website.

Yes it was a wonderful gesture!! I am detailing only part time on the weekends right now. The card is only a starter card and I have plans for the next batch that are different.

White95Max
12-29-2006, 12:19 PM
:har: Does it really bother you that much?

Yes, it bothers me that much too.

In addition to that, "windshield" is spelled incorrectly.

Typographical/grammatical errors degrade from the professional appearance of anything.

mose
12-29-2006, 12:38 PM
Ok kids.......everything on the card is spelled correctly.....my spelling in the post is wrong......:grrr

01bluecls
12-29-2006, 02:30 PM
Some guys on here just dont have fun anymore lol jk

mose
12-29-2006, 05:11 PM
I wish the world were as saturated with real police as forums seem to be with spelling police!! LOL!!

4AudiQ
12-29-2006, 05:18 PM
Most any local print shop can print up simple business cards. Also look for print shops that print only business cards.

You might go with a heavy weight stock and maybe thermography(raised print).

It gets really expensive when you add 4 color pictures ($100-$200/1,000). If you must have a 4 color picture, then look for a printer who will tag you job on the back of another 4 color job and the price should drop.

I sell business forms and I do not do business cards because they are such a pain.