PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of this trailer?

clnfrk
12-27-2006, 04:27 AM
I am looking to start my own mobile detailing business and I came across this trailer while doing some searching.

eBay: Mobile Auto Detailing Trailer Pressure Washer NEW (item 170062295067 end time Dec-27-06 18:12:12 PST) (http://cgi.ebay.com/Mobile-Auto-Detailing-Trailer-Pressure-Washer-NEW_W0QQitemZ170062295067QQihZ007QQcategoryZ50388Q QcmdZViewItem)

Do you think this is a good setup and price? I`m kinda leaning towards the Deluxe model with a black storage box. The good thing is that I wouldn`t have to pay shipping as they are located in Tampa, which is less than 100 miles from me

Ron Harris
12-27-2006, 06:56 AM
Why is there two pressure washers and two generators?

The trailer axle and tire set up is weak. You could build a better one and for less money.

AL-53
12-27-2006, 07:10 AM
The trailer axle and tire set up is weak. You could build a better one and for less money.

I agree..for the money asking for that trailer you could build a better one....The Generator on the trailer is the same as I have and it cost 299.00 on sale at Pep Boys...

There are some posts here from some that built their own trailer and cost less and was much better...

Go out and price some trailers and equipment and compare

Al

clnfrk
12-28-2006, 11:42 PM
Why is there two pressure washers and two generators?

Where do you see two pressure washers and two generators? And, what do you mean by the axle and tire setup being weak?

I know absolutely nothing about trailers, but from looking at the open trailers advertised at rightlook.com and topoftheline.com this one seems to be comparable but for much less.

imported_Tex Star Detail
12-29-2006, 09:50 PM
Stay away from it. You can build one cheaper, and better.

I picked up a 4x8 trailer JUST like that earlier this year. the rating is about 1750 lbs.

With a tank like that, generator, pressure washer, chemicals and supplies, you will be pushing the limit. I am WAY under $3k with ALL of my stuff on the trailer....all new stuff too.

I just upgraded to a bigger, enclosed trailer and a bigger tank.

where are you located at??

Ron Harris
12-29-2006, 10:11 PM
Where do you see two pressure washers and two generators? And, what do you mean by the axle and tire setup being weak?

I know absolutely nothing about trailers, but from looking at the open trailers advertised at rightlook.com and topoftheline.com this one seems to be comparable but for much less.

Sorry Looking at the series of pictures I thought I saw pressure washers on the front and back.

As for the axle and wheel package. If the axle is rated at 2000 lbs and you have 2000 lbs of equipment on the trailer and you hit a pot hole or jump a curb how much force do you think is being put on the suspension.

The Tires are not much wider than a bike tire. How much side load can they handel?

This trailer is designed for the weekened guy hauling stuf to the dump or other short trips like that. I sugest you shop your town and find a place that builds these things.

Here in San Antonio we have quite a few of these places. Find something that has a 15" wheel that you can have radial trailer tires mounted on with a good 4000 lbs axle. should not cost more than $700.00 pick up a generator, pressure washer, water tank and storage box from northern tool. If you dont look around

clnfrk
12-29-2006, 11:46 PM
Stay away from it. You can build one cheaper, and better.

I picked up a 4x8 trailer JUST like that earlier this year. the rating is about 1750 lbs.

With a tank like that, generator, pressure washer, chemicals and supplies, you will be pushing the limit. I am WAY under $3k with ALL of my stuff on the trailer....all new stuff too.

I just upgraded to a bigger, enclosed trailer and a bigger tank.

where are you located at??

I`m in Orlando Florida.

Sorry Looking at the series of pictures I thought I saw pressure washers on the front and back.

As for the axle and wheel package. If the axle is rated at 2000 lbs and you have 2000 lbs of equipment on the trailer and you hit a pot hole or jump a curb how much force do you think is being put on the suspension.

The Tires are not much wider than a bike tire. How much side load can they handel?

This trailer is designed for the weekened guy hauling stuf to the dump or other short trips like that. I sugest you shop your town and find a place that builds these things.

Here in San Antonio we have quite a few of these places. Find something that has a 15" wheel that you can have radial trailer tires mounted on with a good 4000 lbs axle. should not cost more than $700.00 pick up a generator, pressure washer, water tank and storage box from northern tool. If you dont look around

Now I understand. Thanks for explaining that to me. I`ll definitely check out northern tool.

ezd96
12-31-2006, 10:26 AM
I think you could do better for that much money for an open trailer and equipment. Although my trailer itself was just under $3K without the equipment I had it built to fit inside my garage for storage. I don`t remember the name of the company were I bought mine but, they are located on 441 just south of the new Maitland exchange about a mile on the right. You can check out my website to have a look.

Ron Harris
12-31-2006, 10:39 AM
Dave that is a nice clean set up.

ezd96
12-31-2006, 10:45 AM
Thanks D&D..It took a while to get from the back of my truck to a trailer and now a van but worth the wait.

clnfrk
01-03-2007, 06:27 PM
ezd96,

I see that you are located on Cherry St. in Winter Park right off of Fairbanks. Are you by any chance looking for any detailers to work for you?

ezd96
01-03-2007, 06:47 PM
Maybe part-time..I currently have one part-time employee right now that works with me everyday. Do you have any knowledge with detailing or newbie? Send a PM or email fms@cfl.rr.com.