PDA

View Full Version : What is best product for these applications? (pics included)

BMW335i
12-26-2006, 11:38 PM
I was thinking 303? I dont want ANY shine, just something to repel dust and restore the original black look. The flat black is plastic, and what I wish to clean.

eg. steering column, shifter panel, stereo, dash etc.

Juztang
12-26-2006, 11:55 PM
I use Poorboys Natural Look. It dries to the facotry matte look. It isn`t greasy at all and it smells really good.

imported_MCA
12-27-2006, 12:27 AM
Meguiar`s Quick Interior Detailer fits your bill. Awesome stuff...adds zero shine...a perfect OEM look.

http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/55785-meguiars-interior-quick-detailer.html?highlight=QID

Rfulmer
12-27-2006, 12:47 AM
I really like Meguiar`s Natural Shine Vinyl and Rubber Protectant.

Natural Shine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant G4110 Product Information (http://www.meguiars.com/?home-vinyl-rubber-care/Natural-Shine-Vinyl-Rubber-Protectant)

It covers fine scratches and smells nice to. You can pick it up about anywhere.

303 is nice also, it doesn`t smell very nice but seems to last a long time for me. I use it in my work van.

Meguiar`s Quick Interior Detailer, to me, is a good cleaner but doesn’t have much of any protectant in it. I believe it`s recommended to put some sort of protectant over it. I use it mainly as a cleaner. It works great on my Nav. system and also on my plasma TV at home.

firegate
12-27-2006, 12:59 AM
1Z Cockpit Premium is the only interior protectant I`ve tried that leaves absolutely no shine whatsoever.

SpoiledMan
12-27-2006, 01:50 AM
Meguiar`s Quick Interior Detailer fits your bill. Awesome stuff...adds zero shine...a perfect OEM look.

http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/55785-meguiars-interior-quick-detailer.html?highlight=QID

Would be my choice as well.

clnfrk
12-27-2006, 04:39 AM
303 is nice also, it doesn`t smell very nice but seems to last a long time for me. I use it in my work van.

I second that. I applied 303 in my Tundra the other day and it smelled just like bad body odor. It does provide the matte finish your looking for though. Other than the smell, I think its a great product.

imported_mburnickas
12-27-2006, 07:33 AM
I use Poorboys Natural Look. It dries to the facotry matte look. It isn`t greasy at all and it smells really good.

I was the same way till I tried Optimum Protectant Plus.

imported_Bence
12-27-2006, 08:04 AM
+1 for the 1Z, but I`ve heard great things of OPP or #34 too.

imported_Totoland Mach
12-27-2006, 08:08 AM
I was thinking 303? I dont want ANY shine, just something to repel dust and restore the original black look. The flat black is plastic, and what I wish to clean.

eg. steering column, shifter panel, stereo, dash etc.

I clean late model BMW`s each week and use the following for a "new" appearing finish:

1. Boar`s hair brush for leather, door panels, steering wheel, dash.

2. Mild dishwashing liquid mixed with warm water in a spray bottle. 10 parts water to 1 part soap.

3. Compressed air + terry cloth towel to wipe off residue and blow dry switches, seat stitching, and seam areas.

Because the cars I do are for resale, I don`t use anything else. I also do my own vehicle in the same method and it always has a fresh, clean appearance.

Totoland Mach

Dan
12-27-2006, 08:52 AM
Would be my choice as well.

Another vote for Meguiars QID. Great stuff... nice smell and nice matte look. I also like #40 on interior panels, if buffed it gives you a very matte look. 303 always had too much shine for me.

Bigpoppa3346
12-27-2006, 09:17 AM
Megs QID is one of the most matte protectants out there, based on my experience. I prefer a touch more gloss, so in my cars I use either Poorboy`s Trim Restorer or FK 108.

brwill2005
12-27-2006, 09:43 AM
Any good protectant applied, allowed to absorb, and then all the excess removed with a dry MF should give you the finish you desire.

jdthompson
12-27-2006, 01:09 PM
Einszett Cockpit Premium gives a very nice matte factory finish.