PDA

View Full Version : I Need a New Wash Bucket

Pages : [1] 2

Beemerboy
04-20-2005, 09:53 AM
I`ve had the same one forever, its just an old rubber made with a single handle 2.5 to 3 gallon is my guess. I have worn a small hole in the bottom of it from moving around the cars and scrapping the cement :rofl

Anywho I want one that is two sided with a grit guard. I seen some here talk about Griots Garage, it looked expensive. I also do not want wheels or be able to remove them, I work in areas that are not always flat.

Its not that conldn`t find one on my own, just would like to hear what you DC people are using.

Thanks allot for your input.

mjrleague
04-20-2005, 10:27 AM
I just use a cheap 5 gallon bucket from Home Depot/ Lowes. They are sturdy and won`t break easily... I think you can get them for about $3/each and I have about 3 or 4 of them for different uses like storage and washing.

Bill D
04-20-2005, 10:34 AM
Same here, except I insist on white only and I get them for no more than $3 and change from Wal-Mart. They are part of the multi bucket /foam gun wash set up.
Also, you can get a rectangular shaped bucket that looks just the Griots from Home Depot for about $20. I have one of these too but it rarely sees use, maybe as soaking bucket for pads during a full detail.

JaredPointer
04-20-2005, 10:45 AM
I am like Bill, I use the white only. It allows me to gauge the "dirtiness" of the water. I like to keep my rinse bucket pretty clean, and it`s nice to be able to visibly see the contaminants that could be (and usually are) in your bucket.

pappy
04-20-2005, 11:02 AM
i like the blue ones from target...nice and big probally 5 gals or so...has a nice braket for a handle but cant seem to find anything to fit in it. nice plastic handle that dosnt dig in like those metal ones.

NYV6Coupe
04-20-2005, 11:35 AM
Wal-Mart has (had??) a red car wash bucket with a removeable grill a while back in the Automotive section, didn`t have wheels but it looked like it would serve its intended purpose well.

I don`t remember the price but it was less than $10 & I`d guess that it was at least a 5 to 8 gallon size bucket.

I can`t believe anyone would pay Griot`s price for the yellow bucket .... at the end of the day it`s still just a bucket.

CharlesW
04-20-2005, 02:02 PM
I just use a cheap 5 gallon bucket from Home Depot/ Lowes. They are sturdy and won`t break easily... I think you can get them for about $3/each and I have about 3 or 4 of them for different uses like storage and washing.This type of bucket is also what I use.
A couple of side benefits:
1. I have lids for mine so I would think lids would be available for any of them.
2. They have a lip around the bottom of the bucket that would have to wear away before you could wear a hole in the bucket itself.

One negative(?):
If you fill it pretty well up, you won`t be sliding it around, you will need to pick it up to move it. No real problem, but a different process than you are used to.

Charles

tubafeak
04-20-2005, 02:46 PM
I use old 5 gal laundry detergent buckets that I rinse out really well. My mom gets these from Sam`s Club and they do a great job of holding water, the primary use of a bucket. I have so many now that I have extras for holding dirty MF`s, dirty pads, dirty applicators, and dirty terry cloths (I lay them under the edge of my car so that if I drop clay I don`t have to trash it). You can never have too many buckets, especially when those buckets nest inside each other.

Bill D
04-20-2005, 03:06 PM
This type of bucket is also what I use.
One negative(?):
If you fill it pretty well up, you won`t be sliding it around, you will need to pick it up to move it. No real problem, but a different process than you are used to.

Yeah, I`m probably going to order bucket dollies from US Plastic to elminiate this issue.

Boss_429
04-20-2005, 05:22 PM
I have a Meguiar`s bucket that was given to me as a present.

I also have a 5 gal red bucket that was included in a detailing evaluation kit.

I also have about 10 white 5 gal plaster buckets that a friend gave me a while back (for helping detail his chopper). He washed them out nicely when they were done using the plaster. So, I`ve got enough wash buckets to last me..................... forever!:lmfao

To be honest, I like the white plaster buckets the best! :D

NYV6Coupe
04-20-2005, 06:06 PM
I used to use a white plaster bucket & I`ve also used a large cat litter bucket but my daughter bought me a RubberMaid bucket because the cat litter bucket "looked too ghetto".

Kids .........

CharlesW
04-20-2005, 06:38 PM
I also have about 10 white 5 gal plaster buckets that a friend gave me a while back (for helping detail his chopper). He washed them out nicely when they were done using the plaster. So, I`ve got enough wash buckets to last me..................... forever!:lmfao

To be honest, I like the white plaster buckets the best! :D
Interesting. My white plastic buckets once contained a product called Floor-Stone. It was a powderd quick set concrete product used for leveling concrete floors. They were given to me by a friend probably at least 15 years ago. 10 may not last you forever, but it might be close.:)

charles

pt91
04-20-2005, 07:47 PM
This one? I saw it once at Walmart and then nothing. They are $15 online.

Wal-Mart has (had??) a red car wash bucket with a removeable grill a while back in the Automotive section, didn`t have wheels but it looked like it would serve its intended purpose well.

I don`t remember the price but it was less than $10 & I`d guess that it was at least a 5 to 8 gallon size bucket.

I can`t believe anyone would pay Griot`s price for the yellow bucket .... at the end of the day it`s still just a bucket.

mr2man
04-20-2005, 08:19 PM
I still use the huge, white, industrial waste carrier looking, bucket Ive had forever. It wont wear out and it has served me well. I also have several smaller white buckets for tire/wheel well duty and other things.

NYV6Coupe
04-20-2005, 09:54 PM
This one? I saw it once at Walmart and then nothing. They are $15 online.

That`s the bucket I saw at Wal-Mart. They only had two & they were in a close-out area so the price was less than the $15 on-line price.