PDA

View Full Version : All Canon camera users chime in

GlossyTundra
12-26-2006, 01:16 PM
I have narrowed it between a Cannon A530, Kodak c875, and Panasonic DMC ls2s. I know about the kodak software and programs (and I like it very much), but what kinda software does the A530 and Panasonic come with? Is it as easy to use as the kodak easy-share or is it just an upload/view type of thing. I have heard really good things about all these cameras, but I am leaning toward the kodak right now b/c it`s a $200 camera with lots of features on sale for $149.

paul34
12-26-2006, 01:34 PM
I can only speak for Canon software, but I really love it. Although you can set it differently, by default it`ll download all the pictures off your camera and organize it into neat folders by date.

I then use the "Picasa" software (by Google) to view my pictures in nice environment :)

GlossyTundra
12-26-2006, 01:43 PM
ok thanks for the info

Dan
12-26-2006, 01:51 PM
I have 3 canon digital camera and have not installed any of the software, I just use the reader in my printer. Picasa is the best image organization program for the PC. Go to dpreview.com and read the reivews.

imported_paradigm
12-26-2006, 05:19 PM
i love canon cameras. i started with a s110 elph that is 6+ years old now and still works great! can`t beat that...

my primary is an S2 IS (got it for christmas last year)...love the features and zoom. :)

PRB
12-26-2006, 07:07 PM
As a Christmas gift, I purchased a Kodak V603. I considered the C875 for the gift, but went with the V603 due to size. I own a Kodak that has been great for me. That C875 is a big value for your $

While I`m not sure about the other models you mention, the Kodak does not come with a rechargable battery and charger. It runs on AA size batteries (a set included), but those will not last long in a digi-cam. That surprised me, but may be more common than I realize.

Wax2max
12-26-2006, 08:16 PM
Canon cameras come with a software package that downloads pics,and a bunch of other things I never use - like Photostitch - which puts pics together for a panoramic view, image manipulation (ArcSoft PhotoStudio), etc.

I view AA batteries as a positive thing. With high quality rechargeable AAs I can get up to 400 shots before needing to recharge. Put in a 2 GB memory card and the camera (I usually take the Canon A620 for size, ease, capability, etc) is all set for the family vacation.

Can`t speak to other brands.

Joshua312
12-26-2006, 08:27 PM
My vote is also for the Canon, the software is a breeze to use and is functional. I also view the AA batteries as a positive thing, easy to keep some rechargeables laying around in case you need to swap them out. My mom has been practicing with her S2 all last night and today and the batteries are still above 50%

Good luck in your search...I would reccomend going into Best Buy or Circuit City and just taking a look at the actual cameras you are deciding between, playing with their zoom and see how you like them. Then if you find a better price online you will know exactly which one you want :2thumbs:

GlossyTundra
12-26-2006, 09:46 PM
I actually went with a raincheck on the 875 kodak, but while I was there, the Canon yall are talking about was pretty cool too. If that kodak dosent come in by sunday, then I am going with that cannon.

It`s just hard to beat $220 value for $140 for the kodak 875, read some great reviews on it also.

Bbasso
12-27-2006, 03:14 AM
Canon A95 user and I like it alot.

But I only use PS for editing and such.

RTexasF
12-27-2006, 08:23 AM
I have a 4 MP Canon and will receive an 8MP on Friday. I`ve had two other brands but will stick with Canon from now on.

Grimm
12-27-2006, 08:50 AM
One thing I love about the Canon software package is it has a button in the menu for editing that once you set it up, it will open the selected picture with your choice of editing software automatically.

twopu
12-27-2006, 10:10 AM
Three family members got Kodaks last year because of ease of use. Unfortunately, two out of three are having problems. We just got my Dad a Canon 540, Circuit City is selling it for $169, and he really likes it. We looked at the 530 but the larger lcd screen and extra mp made it worth the extra $30. My brothers and I have had Canons for years and never had problems with them.