PDA

View Full Version : PC at Lowe`s for $47.60

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Hey, Moe!
12-23-2006, 12:31 PM
I stopped by the local Lowe`s store (midway on I-80 here in PA) for some charcoal this morning.

Most people cook hams, etc., for Christmas. I grill and BBQ.

Anyway, I stopped to see how low the PCs were selling for. I have an 8-year-old, still going strong, but I was curious.

How about $47.60?

My store had three, and the sale mentioned that it was a closeout.

I don`t need one, but the thought picking up a spare for under $50 is tempting. And, a PC is enough for my personal use.

I may go back out, right after I wash my car ; )

mikebai1990
12-23-2006, 12:43 PM
Oh man, I HAVE to go to Lowes. I`ve always decided that I wasn`t going to buy a PC because I simply don`t have the money. Now that the price is cut by nearly 60%, I think I can use some of my New Year`s money to buy it. And I can`t go today because we have a family reunion. Hopefully there will still be more left in stock tomorrow...

paul34
12-23-2006, 01:55 PM
Crap. I already told myself that I had quit buying things for the year except a few more trips to restaurants...

Now I want new shoes

And now this...??

Stop torturing me!

kpounds
12-23-2006, 04:42 PM
Hmmm...buy 3 at $50 = $150

Sell 2 here at $75 each = free PC!

Scottwax
12-23-2006, 04:46 PM
Hmm, I have a Cyclo and 2 PCs but one is broken (probably the cord but not positive). $47 would be cheaper than fixing the one I have I bet. I had planned on fixing it and attaching one of the Cyclo carpet scrubbers to it for use in tight spots the Cyclo won`t reach. I may just head on down to Lowe`s...

pair of Blazers
12-23-2006, 05:11 PM
wow talk about cheap.

Aguilar
12-23-2006, 06:10 PM
Interesting... I saw a Craftman PC last night at the local PB/BX (military store) for $39. I wondered if it was any good. It included the bucket and polishing pads.

Eliot Ness
12-23-2006, 08:09 PM
......My store had three, and the sale mentioned that it was a closeout.......I ran by one of our local Lowes stores last night but they were $89. I even had him check the price in the computer and it came up the same. It`s kind of odd how much the price seems to vary from store to store, or rather area to area. I don`t really need another one, but for $50 it`d be nice to have a spare.

Setec Astronomy
12-23-2006, 08:15 PM
I was in a Lowe`s today and looked at the PC`s, still $99.xx :nixweiss

BigAl3
12-23-2006, 08:34 PM
It`s kind of odd how much the price seems to vary from store to store, or rather area to area.

yeah, you would think that ALL the lowes store`s have the same price in their systems :nixweiss . i had to bring in the manager to get the $65 price for mine...

Eliot Ness
12-23-2006, 08:44 PM
yeah, you would think that ALL the lowes store`s have the same price in their systems :nixweiss . i had to bring in the manager to get the $65 price for mine...Maybe I`ll print out the receipt from the following thread and see what the store says:

http://autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/82736-pc-7336-receipt-59-50-a.html

BigAl3
12-23-2006, 09:02 PM
Maybe I`ll print out the receipt from the following thread and see what the store says:

http://autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/82736-pc-7336-receipt-59-50-a.html

hopefully, it works (it may not due to region). i called the local lowes, gave them the item number (#51472)and asked how much it was (she quoted $65.xx) and asked if i went to another lowes (had her do a search on what other stores nearby had them) if she would vouch for me if they called her and she said no problem. when i went down to a different one, the lady in the department where the power tools were, said she couldn`t go any lower as it was already on sale for $89.xx. i asked for the mananger and explained to him the situation and mentioned it was a non-stock item they`re no longer going to carry and he gave me the price with no problems. it was a bit of work but worth it... :)

robertrinaustin
12-23-2006, 11:08 PM
I went to two local Lowes and no luck. They were out of stock.

Hey, Moe!
12-23-2006, 11:13 PM
Hi, guys, it`s me again! Since my trip to Lowe`s in Clearfield, PA, I have come home, did burgers for my daughter who was getting off work at Wal-Mart (holiday college job), then smoked wings for my son who was getting off from Radio Shack, and was going to a party.

I also washed my car, and rode my Airdyne while watching the Bucknell/Texas Tech hoops game, and stopped at the local lodge for a few quick cold ones.

I do stand by the price that I saw. However, this Lowe`s is only a year old, and it doesn`t get much traffic.

But, I did see what I saw. I`m probably going to grab one in the morning.

Sorry to excite so many who went to other stores, and didn`t see the same thing.

username182
12-23-2006, 11:56 PM
sweet! I checked out my local lowes and they were all sold out. I came home and called the next closest lowes (about 20miles away) and they have 3 in-stock and the price is $47.60. I had them put all 3 on a 24 hour hold and I`m gonna go pick them up tomorrow!

Anybody want to buy a NIB pc? :chuckle: