PDA

View Full Version : optimium bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2

trhland
12-23-2006, 08:19 AM
i just tryed my new optimium dressing.and i have to say the smell is un barable i cant stand it!! i dont know if i got a bad batch or what .but i have to return it right away

Pats300zx
12-23-2006, 08:27 AM
Trust me its fine. Its just how Optimum is. Use it and you will love it...:grinno:

trhland
12-23-2006, 08:31 AM
first of all let me first say i love optimum . i have there wax there polish. and as fart as this stuff goes it works good from what i see i did my interior this morning to try it out. but the smell is nasty iv never smelled anything this bad before now my truck smells real bad i have to febreeze it now. i really think i got a bad batch it should not smell this bad.

a.k.a. Patrick
12-23-2006, 11:11 AM
and as fart as this stuff goes

Maybe its not th Optimum?!?!?

trhland
12-23-2006, 11:46 AM
Maybe its not th Optimum?!?!?

woops!!!! dont worry its not that i cant spell its that i type way to fast and well you can see. that was pretty funny i didnt even catch that. so anyway im going to keep this stuff the smell doesnt last in the cars its only there for a few minutes.

mustangmike
12-23-2006, 11:47 AM
Which dressing are you referring to, the interior dressing or the tire dressing?

Haven`t tried the interior dressing but have tried the tire dressing. I was disappointed with it, compared to PB B&B it did not make my tires look near as good. Where the B&B would leave my tires uniformly black the Optimum tire dressing left them blotchy looking.

Seems like a lot of people comment in the negative on the smell of Optimum products. I have the No Rinse, didn`t think it smelled bad at all and does a good job, very happy with it.

Scottwax
12-23-2006, 04:59 PM
The scent goes away very quickly. I have never had a customer complain about the smell since I switched to OPP.

I do hear David is working on adding a nice scent to it though.

trhland
12-23-2006, 05:22 PM
thanks guys! im going to keep it .the sent did go away pretty quick. merry christmas!! happy holidays!!!

Anthony O.
12-23-2006, 10:28 PM
Which dressing are you referring to, the interior dressing or the tire dressing?

Haven`t tried the interior dressing but have tried the tire dressing. I was disappointed with it, compared to PB B&B it did not make my tires look near as good. Where the B&B would leave my tires uniformly black the Optimum tire dressing left them blotchy looking.

Seems like a lot of people comment in the negative on the smell of Optimum products. I have the No Rinse, didn`t think it smelled bad at all and does a good job, very happy with it.

Ron and I told David he needs to tweak his Tire Shine so that`s what he will work on in the New Year. It will most likely be a sponge on dressing instead of a sprayable....although this is still yet in the air.

Creating a tire dressing is very difficult, especially a water based dressing which is VOC compliant. We are looking for something that is durable yet gives a nice dark shine to the tire. Not greasy and little to no sling...sling is bad. So the task ahead is not an easy one for David at Optimum.:hairpull

As far as scent goes David avoids adding scent if at all possible because it can have an adverse effect on how the product works. This happened the with the first few scents he tried in the Optimum Polish but then he found one that worked well. So David is a busy dude, he does all his own stuff and it takes him awhile to get stuff working right because he truly wants the products to work in a superior fashion. He and I have been working on my paint sealant now for over a year (more beta samples are being sent to me next week) but it`s still not where he and I want it.....yea and it don`t smell great either! But it`s not a perfume it`s a paint sealant :)

So sometime Jan/Feb 07 there should be a new Optimum sponge tire dressing and *maybe* the sealant.

Merry Christmas,

Anthony

imported_Bence
12-23-2006, 11:32 PM
Anthony, any news on the super fine final polish?

Anthony O.
12-24-2006, 09:06 AM
Anthony, any news on the super fine final polish?

I have one sample coming to me but as we have used the Poli-Seal more and more we are now questioning if a "fine polish" is even needed.

Poli-Seal has now pretty much replaced my use of FPII.

So we`ll see how the sample works.

Merry Christmas,

Anthony

imported_Bence
12-24-2006, 12:55 PM
With the same abrasives it is totally understandable.

Merry Christmas Everybody!

Scottwax
12-24-2006, 02:09 PM
I have one sample coming to me but as we have used the Poli-Seal more and more we are now questioning if a "fine polish" is even needed.

Poli-Seal has now pretty much replaced my use of FPII.

I`d have to agree. After using Poli-Seal regularly, I am not certain I need to order some 106FF now.

imported_memnuts
12-25-2006, 12:21 PM
It appears the the new sealant will be compatible with Optimum`s new sealant. Will the new sealant also contain some carnuaba or syn-carnuaba wax

("...For detailers who prefer a wax product that can be buffed on, or applied by hand...")? :confused:

Anthony O.
12-26-2006, 12:21 AM
As of right now there is no carnauba content in the Optimum sealant.

The Poli-Seal does so we are worried that there is going to be a huge mix up with these two products:nixweiss

So the name for the sealant will not mention anything about a "sealant". I have a name for it already so I hope the tweaks David did make this version the "final":up

Anthony