PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna Powergloss what pad?

imported_Devilsown
12-23-2006, 01:51 AM
did a quick search on the PG but cant seem to find what a good pad match would be, the Lake county Yellow? what would you reccomend?

As of now I got the Lake county (new ccs pads) pads with Menzerna polishs in this order

Yellow- IP

Orange- Final Polish II

GREEN- FPII

White-FPII

Black- Finishing Touch

Red/Blue Waxs and sealers

is that a good pad line up with the product?

imported_Devilsown
12-23-2006, 02:23 AM
wait found rechecked the chart... looks like the yellow cutting pad is the winner...

imported_Dave KG
12-23-2006, 10:08 AM
If working by PC, I would personally recommend using the Power Gloss on a 4" yellow cutting pad as the 4" pad can generate a little more heat by PC and breaks the aggressive compund down that little bit more effecticely to leave a little less micromarring. Though it will still leave some. Be aware that PG will also kill off 4" pads quite quickly though.

I recently tried out the Menzerna foam pads, and the white compiunding pad I have got the best performance out of PG by PC with... Its a very coarse pad and leaves micromarring (needs to be followed with lighter abrasive but thats par for the course for aggressive compounding) but is very effective at removing defects coupled to the Power Gloss product.

imported_Devilsown
12-23-2006, 01:07 PM
sweet thanks for the info