PDA

View Full Version : Pad pressure????

busyguy
12-23-2006, 01:28 AM
I`m a newb for starters.

I`ve been using my edge medium and light cutting pads with M80 and M83. For either of teh products or pads it seems that the more pressure(within reason and without slowing/stoping my Porter Cable) the more i get done.

Is that ok to put a good amount of pressure when removing swirls, etc.?

2nd question- with a super fine pad and the M21, how much pressure should be applied? Also, is the PC/fine pad actually removing any imperfections or making anything more shiney, or is it just a fancy way of spreading the stuff?

thanks!

oh!! Whats the best way to remove the m21? By hand or with a MF bonnet?

a.k.a. Patrick
12-23-2006, 11:17 AM
I`m a newb for starters.

I`ve been using my edge medium and light cutting pads with M80 and M83. For either of teh products or pads it seems that the more pressure(within reason and without slowing/stoping my Porter Cable) the more i get done.

Wel that makes sense within reason! Im not sure if you get more done, but you may be accomplishing more in the way of swirl removal

Is that ok to put a good amount of pressure when removing swirls, etc.?

Good amount? Define....I wouldnt compress the pad more then about 25%

2nd question- with a super fine pad and the M21, how much pressure should be applied? Also, is the PC/fine pad actually removing any imperfections or making anything more shiney, or is it just a fancy way of spreading the stuff?

thanks!

The Grey (The one im use to) shouldnt be under any pressure other then to manipulate the PC. And your final pad should be used strictly for aplying sealants, not for any scratch or swirl degredation purposes.

oh!! Whats the best way to remove the m21? By hand or with a MF bonnet?

[B]I always use a MF to remove the sealants. You could use a bonett after your initial removal to help absorb any remaining oils./B]

busyguy
12-23-2006, 02:22 PM
so is it best to APPLY the M21 with a pc, or does it not do anything different than by hand(ie:fine polishing)?

thanks!