PDA

View Full Version : MEG Pads

Nuke33
12-23-2006, 12:56 AM
How are meg pads i got some lc pads but i figure next ones i get i will get localy and they have meg the have a ton of 3m stuff autobody supplyer but there all rotary pads! :furious:

Eliot Ness
12-23-2006, 09:16 AM
I have some of the Meg`s polish (8006) and finish (9006) pads that I like about as well as any other pad I`ve got.

The burgundy cutting pad (7006) is not recommended by Meg`s to use with the PC because of the hazing it can leave behind. Some members have reported using it w/o problems (followed up with a less aggressive pad /polish). I don’t have a 7006 so I can`t say if it`s any more aggressive than a typical yellow cutting pad or not.

imported_Dave KG
12-23-2006, 10:05 AM
On the rotary, Meguiars pads arealways the pads that I reach for - they are simply supberb on rotary polishers.

On the PC they also work very effectively, and I have had no issues using the W7006 burgandy cutting pad on the PC, espeically if followed by a finishing polish on there polishing pad as mentioned above...

One thing is that the megs pads require a 5" backing plate. A 6" backing plate is too wide for the velcro backing, and can cut into the back of the foam, espiecially on the softer W8006 and W9006 pads and destroy the pad.

wannafbody
12-23-2006, 10:33 AM
The megs burgundy pad is now softer than the older ones. The yellow is nice by RO but a bit soft.