PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire?

imported_StudyBuddy
12-21-2006, 03:58 PM
What is it, where can I get it, and do I need it? :ignore

I`m currently using Poorboy`s SSR line to polish, and Klasse AIO and SG, with Natty`s Blue. It looks awesome on my black 350z, but I want it deeper and more wet. So I purchased some Souveran, Optimum Polish, and a few other goodies from autogeek. I really want to give the Souveran a shot soon to compare it to the Natty`s, but I would like something different than the Klasse twins to try out also.

So can I apply Souveran on top of Blackfire? Will Blackfire do anything different to my black paint? And where can I get it from?

Thanks in advance for the help. I`ve been addicted to these forums lately and I`ve learned a lot. Usually can`t even find a reason to start a thread. :goodjob

damm
12-21-2006, 04:09 PM
Used it and loved it.

link

BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond
All Finish Paint Protection (http://www.properautocare.com/blacallfinpa.html)

They will have a wax wax out Jan 10th to put over it.

Joshua312
12-21-2006, 04:12 PM
They will have a wax wax out Jan 10th to put over it.

I actually believe the wax is currently available here:

BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax
with Acrylic Polymers (http://www.properautocare.com/blwetdiivcap.html)

A little too expensive for my taste however :sosad

imported_themightytimmah
12-21-2006, 04:16 PM
Blackfire is a product line, they make one of the best rotary finishing polishes on the market, and a decent if unpopular sealant. Their sealant is not really going to do anything for your finish, their finishing polish is *marginally* better than OCP via rotary, via PC I actually prefer Optimum.

If you really want to stick out from the crowd, polishing is the key. Get the car as good as possible with Optimum Polish and a polishing pad, then order some Danase`s or Chemical Guys` Acrylic Glaze (I`d give the nod to Danase, its the same product but I`d rather buy it from him), apply that with a PC and finishing pad.

Hit it with Souveran, and then wash and layer Souveran to your heart`s content (I swear 3 layers looks noticeably better than one, but not everyone agrees with me).

imported_themightytimmah
12-21-2006, 04:18 PM

Lol I like the little case it comes in.

3Dog
12-21-2006, 04:21 PM
From CMA site

Preordering: This paste wax is not available yet. The first pouring will be made late December and everything should be wrapped up and ready to ship by January 10th, 2007. Most of the initial pouring is reserved for our customers with show cars but we should have 100 to 200 jars available for enthusiasts. If you would like a jar from our initial pouring, order the wax below and we`ll ship as soon as it is released. (We will not charge your card until the kit is shipped.)

Net weight is 7 oz. (solid)

Joshua312
12-21-2006, 04:22 PM
3Dog, Thanks for the information!

Bigpoppa3346
12-21-2006, 04:28 PM
"Wet Ice over Fire Shine?" That sounds really lame.

I have the Blackfire Sealant and like it, and have gotten 3.5 months with it over AIO. Pretty good looks and really slick. Hides faint imperfections if used by machine, is so easy to use its silly, and slightly enhances the depth/richness of the paint. Not all that wet looking though, contrary to the sealant name.

imported_Dave KG
12-21-2006, 04:43 PM
I believe that the Blackfire Polishes are made by Menzerna for Blackfire... the Blackfire SRC Finishing Polish looks, feels, smells and performs just like Menzerna PO106FF Final Finish... ie, it performs excellently on both rotary and PC and finishes down a treat. Though I stick with Menzerna personally on my details, normally the RD twins (IP and FF) as I find the PO85RD Final Finish unmathced in terms of clarity of finish on the rotary.

The carnauba wax looks very interesting - will have to ask nicely and see if I can get some in the UK! ;)

joshtpa
12-22-2006, 07:43 AM
Dave,

I believe you are correct. Properautocare is right down the street from me and they sell both. Most of their products match up to Menzerna. But they swear by them at the store.

Setec Astronomy
12-22-2006, 07:58 AM

A little too expensive for my taste however :sosad

I guess once CMA and AG split on Pinnacle, this is CMA`s answer to Souveran...down to the "ivory" `nuba and the price!

Accumulator
12-22-2006, 01:08 PM
Q: is the "Black Diamond" AFPP different from the previous BF (V2.0) or did they just add "Black Diamond" to the name?