PDA

View Full Version : Dealership Strikes Again, Again

RAG
12-21-2006, 09:34 AM
I just detailed this new BMW 750Li. Though it had a couple bad washes mixed in, the buffer swirls on this baby were installed by the same dealership that installed them on the thread I started a while back "dealership strikes again." This time there weren`t soo bad, but they were quite noticable in person.

Will take "after" pictures today since I didn`t get a chance to yesterday.

imported_Dave KG
12-21-2006, 09:42 AM
Ouch - some pretty bad marring there...

Though I have seen much worse coming out of dealerships - here`s the door of a Pug 206 that was machine polished by a dealer and then a bodyshop...

http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/9107/cdoor1az7.jpg

Im wondering who does the quality control nowadays... Stevie Wonder?!

imported_mosborn9
12-21-2006, 10:16 AM
I was at a dealership about 2 weeks ago, brand new vette on the showroom floor covered in swirls.

RAG
12-21-2006, 11:37 AM
It`s hard to see the buffer halograms in my above pic, but trust me, in person they were plenty noticable. "After" pics coming soon.

BigAl3
12-21-2006, 12:45 PM
http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/9107/cdoor1az7.jpg

Im wondering who does the quality control nowadays... Stevie Wonder?!

i was at a mall last week and noticed a brand new black bmw 3 parked way off to the side, as the sun was glaring down on the holograms ALL over the hood that makes that ^ look petty. was tempted to leave my number...

RAG
12-21-2006, 01:28 PM
I`ve left my number many times in that scenario...but never any luck.

BigAl3
12-21-2006, 02:19 PM
I`ve left my number many times in that scenario...

next time, i`ll have to give it a try. you never know.... ;)

Scottwax
12-21-2006, 09:00 PM
Oh, THAT BMW dealership. :rolleyes:

But...but...but they sell 3000 cars a year, they must know what they are doing. :LOLOL

Brian_Brice
12-21-2006, 09:07 PM
Scott,

They`ve also been san diego counties #1 BMW dealer for thirty plus years don`t forget.

Scottwax
12-22-2006, 12:35 AM
Scott,

They`ve also been san diego counties #1 BMW dealer for thirty plus years don`t forget.

That`s 30 years of swirled finishes! :goodjob

imported_Devilsown
12-22-2006, 03:26 AM
:har: :funnypost

nice, that is why no one will every work on my paint, unless I trust them with all I got. The mini dealer in dallas was tring to apologise to me about not having my car clean for me when I went to pick it up, I just told them "trust me ya`ll did your selves a favor by not touching it, I`m super picky about who washs my car" the dude just gave me a blank stare...

imported_Dave KG
12-22-2006, 06:45 AM
:har: :funnypost

nice, that is why no one will every work on my paint, unless I trust them with all I got. The mini dealer in dallas was tring to apologise to me about not having my car clean for me when I went to pick it up, I just told them "trust me ya`ll did your selves a favor by not touching it, I`m super picky about who washs my car" the dude just gave me a blank stare...

Whenever my car goes into the dealership for servicing, I get them to put "Do Not Wash!" on hte job card and they put a sign on the dashboard for me too... They thought I was nuts until the saw the car and I explained why I didn`t want it touched - they understand now and comment on how well the car looks when it goes in which is nice. :)