PDA

View Full Version : connolly leather conditioner

dvong
12-19-2006, 02:20 PM
Anybody use this product before? use mainly on british car, jags, range, bentley. Connolly is a creamy lanolin conditioner recommended for maintaining all leather surfaces.

imported_eLrEyNaDa
12-19-2006, 04:29 PM
I use this conditionner on connolly leather

dvong
12-19-2006, 06:00 PM
any review why this product would be superior than other leather product? I am thinking of switching from zaino z10 to connolly

Deanski
12-19-2006, 06:52 PM
Hide Food is an old, but now reformulated leather conditioner. Still, it smells of Kerosene! Not the greatest for treated/coated leathers of today. Good for older non-coated leather.

For normal leathers, use Zaino Z-10 for correct leather odor and treating. Smells like new leather, very close to Lexus leather when new. Softens the leather to a degree.

However, if the car is newer, and want the original smell of the leather w/o fragrance, use SONUS leather conditioner. It releases the tanning oils and smell from when it was new. No fragrance to mask, only natural tanning new leather smell. It`s also very thin in liquid nature, not a cream. Gets into all tight areas! Feel afterwards is a tight, feel to the leather, no phony soft or overly soft feel. Feels like the leather is new.

Regards,

Deanski

Accumulator
12-19-2006, 07:24 PM
I use this conditionner on connolly leather

Not the greatest for treated/coated leathers of today. Good for older non-coated leather...

It can sometimes even be a *great* product for older leather. It`s the only thing I`ve tried so far that gives a uniform finish on the Jag`s (Connolly) leather, exactly the look I want too, and the odor ends up blending into that car`s other natural smells- it still smells like a mid-80`s XJS.

But for other leathers, I use something else.

imported_Bence
12-19-2006, 09:32 PM
My Double Six was treated with Hide Food a few times at the dealer. It was good, but I already had a bottle of AutoGlym Leather Care, and I used it on the Magnolia hides. I was absolutely satisfied with it.

dvong
12-20-2006, 01:42 AM
thanks for all your reply..