PDA

View Full Version : Z-1

Pages : [1] 2

simracer
12-19-2006, 10:19 AM
So I hear through the grapevine that Sal wasn`t shipping out any more Z-1. Anyone else hear the same?

Setec Astronomy
12-19-2006, 10:57 AM
:nixweiss It`s still on the website (for sale in the store, I mean).

SilverLexus
12-19-2006, 11:35 AM
It`s for sale I believe but I don`t think it`s necessary. You want to use Z2 or Z5 plus ZFX for best results.

SilverLexus
12-19-2006, 11:37 AM
Please note: Z-1â„¢ Polish Lok OR the superior ZFXâ„¢ are very important parts of the Zaino system and MUST be used with the initial application of the system, even on brand new paint. Z-1â„¢ Polish Lok OR ZFX should be used with the Zaino system twice a year on daily driven vehicles or once a year on show cars. When using ZFX, you do not need to apply Z-1.

Please note: ZFXâ„¢ Flash Cure Accelerator Additive replaces Z-1â„¢ Polish Lok and is superior to Z-1â„¢ Polish Lok. Z-1â„¢ Polish Lok is NOT necessary when using ZFXâ„¢ Flash Cure Accelerator Additive. See the ZFXâ„¢ Flash Cure Accelerator Additive page for details.

This is from their website of course.

simracer
12-19-2006, 01:31 PM
Yes, I know it`s still on the website and I`m familiar with ZFX. But my distributor said he can no longer get it from Sal. As in, it`s being phased out. Just wondering if this might indicate something new is coming out or if ZFX is now truly usurping Z-1.

Just wanted to see if anyone else had heard the same.

wannafbody
12-19-2006, 04:12 PM
Z1 is old technology and Sal intends to quit making it. If you want it try to track it down now. I`m sure it will be more collectible than #16 in time:chuckle:

jmsc
12-19-2006, 06:52 PM
Did not hear anything recently about Z-1 gradualy being phased out but after trying ZFX and Z-5P/Z-2P last summer for the first time, I also question the purpose of Z-1 today.

But what I did hear about 6 months ago was that Sal has been working on some accelerator being pre-mixed with Z 5+2 at the factory. Hence, no more buying and mixing of ZFX.

Setec Astronomy
12-19-2006, 10:02 PM
But what I did hear about 6 months ago was that Sal has been working on some accelerator being pre-mixed with Z 5+2 at the factory.

I`m not disagreeing with you, but that doesn`t make any sense. If it was premixed wouldn`t it just "cure" in the bottle, like it does now if you mix some ZFX in and let it sit? (I guess that happens, I`ve never tried that) It wouldn`t really meet the definition of an accelerator if you could mix it in at the factory.

wannafbody
12-20-2006, 12:17 AM
Did not hear anything recently about Z-1 gradualy being phased out but after trying ZFX and Z-5P/Z-2P last summer for the first time, I also question the purpose of Z-1 today.

But what I did hear about 6 months ago was that Sal has been working on some accelerator being pre-mixed with Z 5+2 at the factory. Hence, no more buying and mixing of ZFX.

I wouldn`t hold my breath for that one. I don`t think it can be done-at least not yet.

Dan
12-20-2006, 08:30 AM
I can think of a reason to not get rid of Z1, price. With ZFX only, the price to try Zaino becomes upwards of $30. For half that you are well on your way to some other great products.

simracer
12-20-2006, 12:55 PM
Amen to that, Yakky.

It`s one of the reasons that I liked Z-1. That and the fact that I typically just do one layer of Z-2. I`ve shied away from ZFX because of the cost and the associated product waste if you don`t end up using all of the Z-2 that you mix with it. Which of course only adds to the cost.

All I know is that if Z-1 is going away and nothing better takes its place, I can sure see myself becoming a Jeff`s Werkstatt user. I`ve got some on my Christmas list, so we`ll have to see what Santa brings

SpoiledMan
12-20-2006, 05:04 PM
Amen to that, Yakky.

It`s one of the reasons that I liked Z-1. That and the fact that I typically just do one layer of Z-2. I`ve shied away from ZFX because of the cost and the associated product waste if you don`t end up using all of the Z-2 that you mix with it. Which of course only adds to the cost.

All I know is that if Z-1 is going away and nothing better takes its place, I can sure see myself becoming a Jeff`s Werstatt user. I`ve got some on my Christmas list, so we`ll have to see what Santa brings

Same for me. No Z1 means I`m done when it`s all gone.:sadpace:

simracer
12-20-2006, 05:47 PM
Same for me. No Z1 means I`m done when it`s all gone.:sadpace:

Bingo, Spoiledman. Which is sort of disappointing because I`ve been an avowed Zaino user since `96 or `97.

Here`s hoping Sal surprises us all (and soon).

SilverLexus
12-20-2006, 06:15 PM
You guys are making a mountain out of a molehill. Just buy ZFX, it`s better technology and performance.

Z2Pro and ZFX is an amazing combo.

SpoiledMan
12-20-2006, 06:48 PM
You guys are making a mountain out of a molehill. Just buy ZFX, it`s better technology and performance.

Z2Pro and ZFX is an amazing combo.

When you start paying the difference in the price I`ll buy all the ZFX you think I should.:dance