PDA

View Full Version : CG Compounds and Polishes.. who has experience with these?

35TH LE
12-18-2006, 11:20 PM
Sooo.. Im really diggin` the CG stuff and Im gearing up to do a full re-do on my Camaro. My Camaro was the first car I used a machine on and honestly I have honed my skills 10 fold since then, now its time to make the SS look stunning. :bigups

Im going to use CG products for most of the detail.... but havent purchased any of their compounds or polishes. I already have their FS (Sealant), M-Seal (another sealant), EZ Creme Glaze, and the infamous 5050. I was thinking about using my PO106FF for the car.... or even my Megs #83 and #80... but Ive been tempted to make this a full CG jobber.

Should I just stick with the 106FF and be good.... or should I delve into the CG stuff to do the trick?

Who has used the CG compounds/polishes? Any experiences?

Thanks in advance. :xyxthumbs

Setec Astronomy
12-18-2006, 11:32 PM
I haven`t used any of the CG polishes (only their cousins ;) ), but from what I understand PO106FF would be hard to beat (I haven`t used my Blackfire polish yet).

porta
12-19-2006, 03:45 AM
PO016FF+EZ creme glaze+M-seal and then top with 5050.

Sherman8r44
12-19-2006, 05:19 PM
I have used the Daimond polishes and Spider Buff. I liked the relative ease of use of the Daimond Cuts, but they load up pads pretty quickly and when they do that they spew dust all over the place. They are aggressive as they should be and even the really aggressive one doesn`t seem to haze all that much (haven`t tried it on black though).

Spider Buff is amazing stuff...it cuts really well and leaves a beautiful haze-free, squeaky-clean finish. However, it has a tendecny to dust a bit.

I haven`t used the Menz, but I`ve only heard great things about it. Still, if you want to try the CG stuff, I suggest starting off with Spider Buff.

imported_mburnickas
12-19-2006, 05:50 PM
Im going to use CG products for most of the detail.... but havent purchased any of their compounds or polishes. I already have their FS (Sealant), M-Seal (another sealant), EZ Creme Glaze, and the infamous 5050.

Since you have these how is the FS and M-seal and EX creme glaze?

I just tried there 5050 wax on my Lexus (3 coats) over JW prime and AJ. I think it gets a deeper wetter look the more layers you put on!

imported_themightytimmah
12-19-2006, 11:20 PM
From what I`ve heard, CG`s polishes are roughly a generation behind the new Menzerna/BF products and somewhat on par with the Meg`s lineup. I`d stick with the 106FF until CG comes out with a new lineup.

imported_MCA
12-20-2006, 10:46 AM
I bought the whole CG polishing line from Danase due to close-out pricing - They`re still available at a great price. What I found is that they work as advertised in terms of performance, but they do have a tendency to dust more so than other brands and will stain your pads.