PDA

View Full Version : Sonus vs ? (polish+pads)

imported_Devilsown
12-18-2006, 09:26 PM
I am a current user of Sonus polish and SFX pads, I know there is better stuff out there I just want to know what makes sonus not all to great, and what is some great polish, I`m thinking optmium but am unsure what one to get, I want what could be a good 3 step cutting system, I`m looking to get new pads (unless sfx are ok) and new polish, what would ya`ll reccomend?

Currently I use Klasse all in one, and getting the sealant, and some S100 wax.

Thanks in advance

wannafbody
12-18-2006, 09:30 PM
Sonus is a good solid line. Menzerna is also top notch. Sonus pads are made by Lake Country and are quite good as well. It`s all about matching the right polish with the right pad.

imported_Devilsown
12-18-2006, 09:33 PM
. It`s all about matching the right polish with the right pad.

crap.. :help:

ZaneO
12-18-2006, 09:50 PM
My vote goes to Menzerna.

porta
12-19-2006, 08:42 AM
My favourite is Menzerna, or get the Blackfire SRC compound and finishing polish.

Optimum is a much cheaper line but not bad at all.

klnyc
12-19-2006, 08:44 AM
+1 for Menzerna.

Alfisti
12-19-2006, 10:05 AM
crap.. :help:

Actually, what wannafbody said has much merit. Don`t dismiss it too hastily.

I`ve tried half a dozen different brand pads and much more polishes, and I`ve discovered that matching pad and polish is very important.

Apart from geometric/structural differences between pads, the most important factor, IMO, is the TYPE of foam. Eric Dunn from LC manufacturing (who used to frequent this board) once explained to me that opened-cell foam works best with petroleum-based polishes, and closed-cell foam works best with water-based polishes.

Now, the SFX pads (which I use and like, amongst many) is a closed-cell foam. It works best with water-based polishes - like SFX polishes and Menzerna. If you want to go Optimum or the Mothers equivalent (PowerPolish), you have to try the opened-cell foams (most pads are opened cell-foam).

Since you already have a great pad, why don`t you try one of the Menzerna polishes since it matches those pads well?

BTW, why do you say there is better stuff out there? Are you unhappy with the results you`re getting?

imported_Devilsown
12-19-2006, 12:37 PM
No, im happy with the results I just like to know that I`m using the best stuff out there, I think I`ll have to give some of this Menzerna a try see if I really notice any change. Thanks for explanation thats what I was looking for.