PDA

View Full Version : Bad health, need advice on PC atachments.

Changeling
12-17-2006, 07:21 PM
Sorry to say, my health is under attack!!

I ordered the PC 7424, 5 inch LC Velcro pad holder. I`ll be using it to apply mild polish, and finishing polish. I would prefer to use the new LC CCS pads.

I "Think" I need 2 white and 2 red CCS pads but am not sure and would like opinions. i don`t know if these new pads by LC have a different color configuration relative to there use or not. How many of these pads in each color is the optimum to do a detail on BLACK vehicle?

The products being used are two paint preparation products like Menzerna IP and FP or whatever, (waiting for feedback from another section).

Changeling

busyguy
12-17-2006, 07:26 PM
I`m a newb so keep this in mind.

From what i`ve learned, Two light cutting pads(paint correction), two polishing pads(fine paint correction), and maybe 1 finishing pad(wax) would be a good start. Instead of going by the color, why not go by the description? Again, i`m a newb..fyi

why is your health under attack?

Cleaning Fool
12-17-2006, 08:11 PM
Changeling, I noticed you are in Maryland. Im in Northern Virginia. I would be willing to help you with your truck if you can drive down here. Its up to you. Having said that, I have only 1 red pad and have never needed more than this. This would be what you would use to apply SG with. I would get a couple orange pads, a couple white and 1 red. You know you could simply take the left quarter panel, hit it with Klasse and see how you like it. It might surprise you. Maybe you don`t need to go with a swirl remover. Just a thought

ZaneO
12-17-2006, 08:35 PM
I would recommend 1-2 light cutting pads, 2-4 polishing pads, and 1-2 finishing pads to begin with.

Changeling
12-18-2006, 03:12 PM
Changeling, I noticed you are in Maryland. I`m in Northern Virginia. I would be willing to help you with your truck if you can drive down here. Its up to you. Having said that, I have only 1 red pad and have never needed more than this. This would be what you would use to apply SG with. I would get a couple orange pads, a couple white and 1 red. You know you could simply take the left quarter panel, hit it with Klasse and see how you like it. It might surprise you. Maybe you don`t need to go with a swirl remover. Just a thought

Cleaning Fool that is an extremely kind offer, but this is something I have to do myself. There is so many things I can`t do anymore that I am going nuts, so I literally have to change "All" my hobbies. This will be the first thing I am going to take up. That is why I am doing so much research and being so "Anal" about everything.

I have always been one of those people that to do the very best I can when I do something. There is no middle of the road with me, it`s all or nothing.

When I start the detailing if I find I just can`t hack it, I`ll remember your kind offer and contact you. Thanks again I will never forget your sincerity/kindness.:usa

Changeling