PDA

View Full Version : I did a bad thing today, I used Black Magic Wax!!

GlossyTundra
12-15-2006, 04:54 PM
I was on the way to do my normal wash/AW routine on my best friends mom`s black denali. When I got there there was a note asking me to wax the top of the suv. I did not have any wax or polish with me so I panicked. I noticed an old bottle of Black Magic Wet Liquid wax laying there in the garage that I gave to my friend about 4yrs ago. After washing the car, I applied it to the top. Really sticky and did not clean anything at all. Sucked big time.

When I got done with the top, I decided to try it on a portion of the fender with an applicator pad out of curiosity (I am re-buffing her car next week, so no harm done). I did the panel with the wowo method, and I was amazed. Hid almost all of her Medium swirling.:soscared: I was like what!!!! It was really hard to remove and I had to use some AW to get it streak free.

I was so impressed I did the whole truck with the stuff. Pulled it out into the sun, and almost all the swirling was gone!!! It was a bear to remove, but it did look nice when done. I was a little surprised.

Just thought I would share my experience with this stuff. Kinda sux now, b/c she prob. wont want her car buffed again due to lack of swirls.:wall

Brandon

Dan
12-15-2006, 05:19 PM
I`ve tried the stuff also. It gives great results with a little bit of work for the average consumer. I can`t fault CR for giving it high marks. Would anyone here want to use it, heck no, but for the average bear its ok.

imported_Larry A
12-15-2006, 09:38 PM
I never used the Black Magic wax , but I did use the Qd and it was bad.

fdizzle
12-16-2006, 02:24 AM
in most cases . . . something is better than nothing at all . . .and it worked out for you . . .

did you shake the living bajesus out of it ?

wannafbody
12-16-2006, 10:55 AM
The newer Black Magic at WM is about 1/4 oil. It should have good filling ability. I`m not sure how much oil is in the old stuff.

96snake
12-16-2006, 02:51 PM
LOL, wait til its hand washed next. Those scratches will be appearing again in no time.

Lorne