PDA

View Full Version : Tropic Shield??

MaximusZTS
12-15-2006, 03:39 PM
Has any one ever heard of Tropic Shield? I was left a panfelet on my desk about it. Everyone at work is getting it done to thier vehicles.

tropic-shield.com and there is a copy of the panfelet I recieved on the bottom of the main page.

What is the deal with it? Is it just a scam? Do they have any substance behind thier claims?

MaximusZTS
12-19-2006, 06:42 PM
* * * Bump * * *

BobD
12-19-2006, 07:28 PM
"Revolutionary Advanced Teflon® Polishing "

Stay away from this scam. LOL

MaximusZTS
12-19-2006, 07:48 PM
I am not looking to have it done at all. There are some people I work with that have been having it done and I dont know how to convince them it is a scam. It is my boss`s brother doing the work.

TortoiseAWD
12-20-2006, 09:58 AM
Please, don`t bump your own threads. It`s against the rules.

Thanks,

Tort

(moderator)

BobD
12-20-2006, 10:11 AM
I am not looking to have it done at all. There are some people I work with that have been having it done and I dont know how to convince them it is a scam. It is my boss`s brother doing the work.

If it is your boss`s brother I wouldn`t try telling people it was a scam. LOL

Scottwax
12-20-2006, 10:13 AM
As soon as I see "Teflon" I would no longer consider using the products.

MaximusZTS
12-20-2006, 02:17 PM
Please, don`t bump your own threads. It`s against the rules.

Thanks,

Tort

(moderator)

Sorry about that. Where can I find the forum rules? I did some brief searching and did not come up with them. Most forums have them posted everywhere!

If it is your boss`s brother I wouldn`t try telling people it was a scam. LOL

Well is there any substance to thier claims? Is there any direct misinformation? I want to be able to discuss this service with my coworkers and have valid points that can not be ignored.

TortoiseAWD
12-20-2006, 02:33 PM
Sorry about that. Where can I find the forum rules? I did some brief searching and did not come up with them. Most forums have them posted everywhere!There`s a link in the upper-right hand corner of the homepage. You`re right, though, it`s not in the most prominent location. Here you go:

Forum rules (http://autopia.org/forum/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item)

Thanks!

Tort

SVR
12-21-2006, 05:50 AM
me too scottwax. Whether it`s xonyl, zonyl or teflon (if in it at all), I`ve had customers who have bought QD spray or AJT and get streaks on their teflon coated paint that have to be machined off.

What`s your prob with teflon scott?

I don`t use any but wondering what the teflon does or is it because there`s no teflon in it and just the name being used to scam people.

Gee that website`s full of BS

I love the one about hi speed buffers being obsolete. Maybe 2 speed ones are but not our PC`s and variable rotary`s

None of the people seen using their buff machines (in the pics on their site) look comfortable using them. What a PITA that must be

Yet another site where you can`t buy the products, only become a dealer.

Why? because there`s more money in it.

Hundreds to a thousand dollars to apply it or the 3 step whole car protection system

I think eventually there will be protectants that last that long but the technology will really have to come along way to prevent fallout, bird dropping etching etc and have to be applied and then left to bond and cure in a paint bake oven

I`m working on it.

SVR
12-21-2006, 06:12 AM
I`ve got one better than that.

Went to my old place of employment to see a friend of mine who`s the detailer (good one) at the mazda dealership.

He told me that a competing mazda dealer has a system called No dents

It`s just paint sealant (a polymer) applied by machine and then three coats applied by hand and left alone for three days to cure.

They reckon it prevents dents. Man what a scam that is.

And I thought the americans and nigerians were the scam kings.

HavenjoyWalker
02-02-2011, 12:51 PM
Has any one ever heard of Tropic Shield? I was left a panfelet on my desk about it. Everyone at work is getting it done to thier vehicles.

tropic-shield.com and there is a copy of the panfelet I recieved on the bottom of the main page.

What is the deal with it? Is it just a scam? Do they have any substance behind thier claims?

I have heard of Tropic Shield- He did work on my Fleetwood. But he also installed MCD sunshades on my motorcoach. I was so impressed with his work. He did not sell some special polish. He just washed, waxed and polished my alloy wheels. Then he installed a "cockpit conversion" which was my front windshield; but I loved it so much I had him complete the job by doing all of the windows in my coach and building me valances around the blinds (sunshades) throughout my RV. They are set on a remote control so all I do it press a button and the day shade comes down or if it is night and I want complete darkeness prior to retiring I just push a button and the night shades comes down. Come a.m. I now have to set an alarm because I am use to getting up with sunlight but it is complely blocked out. Great for late night party night when ya don`t wanna get up in the a.m.., off course tjhose days are few but (hay I`m about to retire what else is a young gal like me to do?) hahahaha. During the day, I use the day shade and it keeps my rig cooler so while everybody is using their air conditioner, I just push a button so the shades come down and somehow the shade absorbs the uv rays and keeps my rig cooler. Amazing huh? Plus, I can see out but no one can see in, therefore I can run around in my jammies all morning without worrying about who can see in. I just love the work Steve did. He was in San Diego. He left a pamphlet on my coach too, but he backed it up with the Chula Vista RV Resort office singing his accolades. He`s the real deal. This guy used toothpicks, q-tips and toothbrushes. He was so detailed it took him 9 hours to perfect and I mean perfect my rig. Was gonna have it painted but now it shines without the expense. He just used regular old carnuba. But he said it was a 3M product and it was all in the buffing.

wannafbody
02-03-2011, 11:54 PM
Teflon acts as a lubricant IIRC