PDA

View Full Version : Help with Leather Seats

Less
12-15-2006, 11:14 AM
I got some Meguairs Leather Conditioner. If you don`t know what Im talking about it is the product on the bottom left of this page here Product Catalogue (http://www.meguiars.co.uk/cgi-bin/catalog.pl?cat=ENT_OTHER#5)

I was surprised that it was so thick. I mean it was REALLY thick. I could squeeze some out and then hold it in my hand like play-dough. (Ok, not quite the same consistency, but you get the point). I`m thinking I got a bad bottle, but I`m not sure. Has anyone ever used this stuff? Did you have the same experience.

I tried applying it with an applicator pad and it worked OK. I don`t think I would use it again though, it was way too difficult to use because it was so thick. It wouldn`t soak into the applicator and it was almost impossible to spread.

I have heated seats so the seat cushion is perforated in the middle, lots of little holes. I put some of this stuff on the pad, then tried to apply it to the seat. It didn`t really spread and the product just got stuck in the little holes. Now I have spots on my seats where 15-20 of those little holes are filled with this product. I tried a nylon brush but that couldn`t get into the tiny holes. APC couldn`t get it either.

I`m scared to use anything harsh to dissolve the product for fear that it might discolor the leather.

HELP

Statman
12-15-2006, 11:57 AM
Just a hunch...what was the temperature? Turn the heated seats on and then rub the product into the leather.

Less
12-15-2006, 01:12 PM
I was inside an insulated garage, and it`s been pretty mild here lately.

jfelbab
12-15-2006, 02:02 PM
Sounds like you have old product. I`ve used this stuff (I still have some) and it was not like playdough. Give Meg`s a call and they will likely send you a new bottle.

CalgaryDetail
12-15-2006, 02:03 PM
I have neve used the 2 in one like oyu have, however I do use the megs 2 step aloe one. The cleaner has a similar consitancy. Im thiking is just the product but im not sure.

There should be a nuberon the back of the bottle for the mges hot line.. call them and ask. They will know for sure

gofastman
12-15-2006, 02:58 PM
I have neve used the 2 in one like oyu have, however I do use the megs 2 step aloe one. The cleaner has a similar consitancy. Im thiking is just the product but im not sure.

There should be a nuberon the back of the bottle for the mges hot line.. call them and ask. They will know for sure

English > You, haha J/K

sounds like a dryed up bottle to me.