PDA

View Full Version : Tips please

07CivicEX
12-15-2006, 05:53 AM
after claying the car, would you guys rewash it ? i really want to knwo the steps in giving the car a nice look. you know... i see the process but can`t really understand them... i don`t have a PC so i probably will be spending longer hours than usual. but i want to be as good as you guys... i know it takes practice but im willing to take any advices. thanks in advance

FidoAUTO
12-15-2006, 08:10 AM
This room is the professionals room. You would probably get more help in the `detailing` room.

but since I`m here....

Not everybody started with a rotary or PC. You get any vehicle and give it a Clay and a hand wax and it will look a million times better. Unfortunately Detailing is a ` practice makes perfect skill` and the classroom can only teach so much. Although the theory of it is still very important.

BobD
12-15-2006, 08:22 AM
after claying the car, would you guys rewash it ? i really want to knwo the steps in giving the car a nice look. you know... i see the process but can`t really understand them... i don`t have a PC so i probably will be spending longer hours than usual. but i want to be as good as you guys... i know it takes practice but im willing to take any advices. thanks in advance

I never do. I will go over it with a quick detailer but I never wash it.

benvegas
12-15-2006, 03:24 PM
I never do. I will go over it with a quick detailer but I never wash it.

Ditto. QD just to get anything off the surface that might have come from the clay bar or any dirt that the bar didnt "take".

Basshog
12-15-2006, 03:34 PM
This room is the professionals room. You would probably get more help in the `detailing` room.

:nixweiss :nixweiss

Wetwerks
12-15-2006, 03:57 PM
no wash here either. QD follow up works well. Keep reading through the forums and looking up information, there is a wealth here! If no one has told you yet :welcome

Walter

Co-owner

Less
12-15-2006, 04:39 PM
I know alot of people say to rewash after claying and I can understand why. It`s possible that you loosened dirt with the clay bar but didn`t pick it all up. Therefore a re-wash will be sure to leave you with a completely clean surface.

I think it also depends on what you are going to do after you clay. If you plan on waxing or sealing immediately after, I would at least use a QD, if not a complete wash. Remember surface prep is 99% of the shine. If you`re waxing over dirt, it won`t look as good.

With that said, if you plan to use a polish or pre-wax cleaner after claying, I would say you don`t need to wash or even QD.

Me personally, my full detail process includes a wash, clay, polish (or pre-wax cleaner depending on the condition), QD, seal/glaze, QD, wax, QD.

The multiple QD steps may be overkill but it makes me feel better. Some of the products I use create a lot of dust when buffing so I like to use a QD in between steps to ensure that the surface is clean before the next step. Also, dust particles in the air can settle on your car, especially if you`re detailing in a driveway that is close to the street.

Just tell yourself before using waxes or sealants, the surface can NEVER be too clean.

joshtpa
12-15-2006, 06:07 PM
I ONR it after claying.