PDA

View Full Version : Safe to use detergent on MF and Sheep Skin?

danforz
12-14-2006, 10:00 PM
Hey guys, curious if its safe to use Tide detergent (non-bleach non-fabric softening) when machine washing MF, and both Sheep Skin and Chillene (spellig?) mitts?

Juztang
12-14-2006, 10:14 PM
That is what I use and don`t have any problems.

imported_Picus
12-14-2006, 10:15 PM
Yes and yes, though I like to wash sheepskin in the sink with just a little bit of auto soap and water. I find putting them in the washer makes them deteriorate a bit faster. I wash my mf`s in the washer with tide detergent and one capful of white vinegar.

By the way, good to see you found Autopia Danforz, you`re going to like it over here! :D

danforz
12-14-2006, 10:41 PM
Yes and yes, though I like to wash sheepskin in the sink with just a little bit of auto soap and water. I find putting them in the washer makes them deteriorate a bit faster. I wash my mf`s in the washer with tide detergent and one capful of white vinegar.

By the way, good to see you found Autopia Danforz, you`re going to like it over here! :D

Good to see that your here :bow

justin30513
12-14-2006, 10:54 PM

Well first, hello Picus. Been awhile!

OK.......

His cleaning technique is good too!

Black240SX
12-14-2006, 10:57 PM
Yes and yes, then they all go in the dryer on regular setting.

imported_Picus
12-14-2006, 11:03 PM
Well first, hello Picus. Been awhile!

OK.......

His cleaning technique is good too!

:dance :spot :waxing: :buffing: :wavey

velobard
12-14-2006, 11:06 PM
There are a couple of products made specifically for washing MFs, such as Danase Microfiber Wash and Foam Pad Cleaner.

Danase Microfiber Wash and Foam Pad Cleaner (http://www.danase.com/damiwaandfop.html)

Whatever you use, avoid fabric softener!