PDA

View Full Version : $10.00 Foam Gun...

imported_bigfoot
12-13-2006, 09:50 PM
I`ve been wanting to buy a foam gun for a long time now, but the $50.00 tag price kinda hurts, so I decided to look for something a little cheaper. I was browsing different websites, and happened to stop at the Lowe`s one. So I look at the garden section and found this Multi-Purpose Car wash Nozzle for $10+tax. I will give it a shot on Saturday and post pics about it, weather permitting. Let me know what you guys think.:hm

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q186/prbigfoot/PICT0572.jpg

Joey:chuckle:

socommatthews
12-13-2006, 09:54 PM
looks like it will do the trick to me

CleanGSR
12-13-2006, 09:57 PM
I may be wrong, but it looks like it just mixes the solution with water as it comes out. I`ll be interested to see if this actually foams.....if so I`ll definately be getting one too. Nice find either way for $10.

mikebai1990
12-13-2006, 10:03 PM
I`m pretty sure that the sprayer you have (as cleangsr said) simply mixes the solution and the water together. It probably doesn`t give any foaming action. Nevertheless, it is probably better than using buckets to constantly dip into and risk the chance of marring.

I believe the reason the $50.00 foam guns are so expensive is because they actually take some of air and blend it in with the soap and water, thus the foamy bubbly solution.

3Dog
12-13-2006, 10:09 PM
By experience...if you fill the entire container with soap it will foam around 5 min or so.

If you prefoam and then foam wash you will use around 10 to 15 oz of soap. With the Gilmore foamer you will use 1 to 2 oz.

As stated above it in no way foams like the Gilmore.

chowfun
12-13-2006, 11:06 PM
^subscribing :)

03TLS
12-13-2006, 11:09 PM
I have one of those that I bought at Walmart for like $5.99 a year or so ago. It was also the topic of a long thread here so you may wanna search.

It definitely doesnt really create foam but more of a soapy solution to bath your car which i usually do before washing.

Here is the link to the old thread:

http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/51027-wal-mart-they-have-foam-gun.html?highlight=foam+gun

BigAl3
12-13-2006, 11:10 PM
i have the wal-mart one and it`s decent, but don`t expect foam as it sprays more like soapy water. the container fills up with water rather quickly, as the soap runs out...

the other pc
12-13-2006, 11:30 PM
It doesn’t really foam, but if you use the finer spray settings it sort of suds a bit.

The worst thing about it is that the dilution changes as you use it. It starts at one concentration and gets weaker and weaker and weaker.

I use mine quite a bit, just not on cars.

PC.

alexis
12-13-2006, 11:50 PM
i have that. it mixes the soap so you get some foam, but not as much as a true foam gun, which i also have. it is all in the venturi effect from the foam gun nozzle. both are still more fun than just using a bucket

HondaGuy
12-14-2006, 12:37 AM
I have one of those that I bought at Walmart for like $5.99 a year or so ago. It was also the topic of a long thread here so you may wanna search.

It definitely doesnt really create foam but more of a soapy solution to bath your car which i usually do before washing.

Here is the link to the old thread:

http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/51027-wal-mart-they-have-foam-gun.html?highlight=foam+gun

What is this, like the 3rd time its been posted?

LOL

Its good to help prevent marring, but doesn`t compare to a real one and uses much more soap, which is the main reason I dont use it any more.

BobD
12-14-2006, 07:24 AM
Yeah, like everyone else had said, you won`t get much foam at all. I have one and used to use it as a sort of presoak but I have not used it in a year or so.

Mr_Elusive
12-14-2006, 08:13 AM
I have one, I haven`t used it since I got my Gilmour foaming gun. It does work(this is debatable), but there are better products out there. I found that the bottle was too small.

benvegas
12-14-2006, 04:12 PM
I own the gun shown in the photo and tried it. Net results, horrible. Absolutly horrible. Not only does it work very poorly, the cup ends up leaking after a few uses and doesnt really do the job to begin with. Despite it being $10, it`s nothing more than a very cheap garden hose attachment with a cup.

autobahn
12-15-2006, 06:58 PM
gilmour foam gun is the only way to go.