PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Menzerna Detail Question

silvergray
12-13-2006, 08:11 PM
I will be doing a detail of a black BMW 325xi next week, and I will be using Menzerna.

My plan is:

-Intesive Polish on a Yellow Cutting Pad (Lake Country)

-If that fails, PowerGloss on an Orange Pad (Lake Country)

-Final Polish on a White Pad

-?? Final Polish on Black Pad ??

-FMJ on Red Pad

My question is:

Is it necessary to follow Final Polish II up with a less agressive polish or pad? Is it guaranteed LSP ready? I`m worried about possible marring after the FPII.

Thanks!

Bigpoppa3346
12-13-2006, 08:22 PM
FPII finishes down perfect on a white(best finishing polish I`ve used), based on my experience, so no follow up would be needed.

imported_MCA
12-13-2006, 08:39 PM
FPII finishes down perfect on a white(best finishing polish I`ve used), based on my experience, so no follow up would be needed.

Right on the button! FPII via white is the absolute best finishing combo - never tried the cerami-clear Menzerna polishes though :)

mcnab
12-13-2006, 09:07 PM
I don`t know why you would put FMJ on w/ a pad. I`ve never used pads for applying LSP`s as you end up using WAY to much product. You can apply a far thinner layer using a microfibre applicator.

silvergray
12-13-2006, 09:08 PM
I don`t know why you would put FMJ on w/ a pad. I`ve never used pads for applying LSP`s as you end up using WAY to much product. You can apply a far thinner layer using a microfibre applicator.

I guess I`ve only done that to save time. I guess I`ll go with a MF aplicator instead.

I don`t know what the point of my red "glazing" pad from LC is then. Thats what I use to appily FMJ.

silvergray
12-13-2006, 09:13 PM
Actually, has anyone experimented with a custom mix of Menzerna? Kind of like Scottwax does with Optimum HC and Polish? I was thinking of a one-step swirl removal process for my sister`s Explorer.

Cleaning Fool
12-13-2006, 09:28 PM
I prefer to use the red pad to apply my last step. Sure Ill use a liitle more product but it saves me time and I can even it out better. Try it both ways, see what you like. Love Menzernas Finish Polish

silvergray
12-14-2006, 01:19 PM
Anyone else? Please :-)

uzj100
12-14-2006, 01:21 PM
I apply Aqua Wax with the red LC pad. I spray it on the pad and set the PC at about 2.5 or so and work it in really well