PDA

View Full Version : Just a little "Hot" about some prices.

Changeling
12-13-2006, 06:15 PM
I have finally worked my way down in acquired products to the "Pads" I need, and bonnets. I went to a major supplier that a lot of people on this web site use.

However sticker shock is an understatement! There is absolutely no way in Hades that I am going to give someone $10.00 for a terry cloth bonnet!!!

We are talking about "Terry cloth" here folks, not exotic fur remains! This stuff is cotton/microfiber which is "extremely cheap" to manufacturer!

I purchased a Lambs wool pad for $10.00 bucks (thats even extremely high), if I remember correctly. Now is anyone going to try and tell me that "lambs wool" pads, are in the same category as "TERRY CLOTH" bonnets! It`s terry cloth guys, 5 times cheaper than the under ware you`re wearing!

You can buy 3 pairs of boxers at walmart and elsewhere for 5 to $7.00 bucks, but you`ll pay $10.00 for a bonnet that won`t cover your "Sac" !! What in the Heck is going on here!

I have jumped down off my pedestal, if you can`t see this, i don`t know what else to say!

Where are the reasonably priced supplies???????????

Changeling

BigJimZ28
12-13-2006, 06:33 PM
what do you want with the terry cloth bonnets?

watch that wool pad it has a lot of cut!

what kind of foam pads did you get?

Changeling
12-13-2006, 06:40 PM
what do you want with the terry cloth bonnets?

watch that wool pad it has a lot of cut!

what kind of foam pads did you get?

What?

I haven`t bought any yet.

Did you read the whole post?

Sorry, I haven`t bought any pads and bonets yet .

If you need more information please read the whole post.

Changeling

:usa

a.k.a. Patrick
12-13-2006, 06:54 PM
Did you comparison shop? Obviously if you dont like the prices your free to shop anywhere else.

If your complaining about a wool pad at $10.00, wait until you buy one made of foam for the same price!

Welcome to the addiction!

BigJimZ28
12-13-2006, 06:56 PM
I did read the whole post!

and I think terry cloth bonnets and wool pads are useless

and wondering why you want them!

a wool pad has a lot of cut and could do more harm than good!

I have foam pads from Excel detail and like them

but wait till you see the price for a round hunk of foam...

imported_Detailing Technology
12-13-2006, 07:03 PM
Changling - you will easily spend $750-1000 on supplies after learning about them on this site.

The products work. Do some trial and error, then let me know if you are looking to save a dollar.

socommatthews
12-13-2006, 07:03 PM
yea i got some Meg W9000 finishing pads @9.95 each.i know what you mean but i think my cars worth it.also if you just want plain jane terry cloth bonnets go to O`Reilly or Auto Zone there cheap there.

Dan
12-13-2006, 07:42 PM
yea i got some Meg W9000 finishing pads @9.95 each.i know what you mean but i think my cars worth it.also if you just want plain jane terry cloth bonnets go to O`Reilly or Auto Zone there cheap there.

Oh no... do not get any terry anything from your local autoparts store. I created some SWEET holograms using some "Cotton Terry" bonnets on my orbital ages ago (just waxing). That stuff is not 100% cotton.

a.k.a. Patrick
12-13-2006, 07:45 PM
Consider the use you get out of them, and then complain about the prices. People complain about the price of UPP for example at about $22.00 a bottle, but the fact that it seals about 25 cars never enters their mind.........Get it by the 1/2 gal and the cost drops even further........

As for foam pads at $10.00 each, say you get 30 cars done with it, and your making $250.00 a pop, $.33 isnt something to compalin about....

fdizzle
12-13-2006, 07:56 PM
Consider the use you get out of them, and then complain about the prices. People complain about the price of UPP for example at about $22.00 a bottle, but the fact that it seals about 25 cars never enters their mind.........Get it by the 1/2 gal and the cost drops even further........

As for foam pads at $10.00 each, say you get 30 cars done with it, and your making $250.00 a pop, $.33 isnt something to compalin about....

agreed. quality products will preform better, but will also cost you more. compramising on less expensive foam pads is not a wise choice . . . these items will be touching the paint of the vehicle and spinning, oscalating very fast. they will also not last as long. i have one lake country yellow 6.5 cutting pad that has seen 15+ uses on some nasty, nasty paint with some heavy, very abrasive products, and every time i clean it it looks brand new. occasionally i will reshape the foam with the spurr tool to level out some worn spots . . . which I have only needed to do twice . . .:waxing:

imported_GregCavi
12-13-2006, 08:02 PM
Changling - you will easily spend $750-1000 on supplies after learning about them on this site.

The products work. Do some trial and error, then let me know if you are looking to save a dollar.

Ditto!

BTW, the "sac" reference, although over the top, was quite funny. :lol

Greg

Changeling
12-13-2006, 08:18 PM
I did read the whole post!

and I think terry cloth bonnets and wool pads are useless

and wondering why you want them!

a wool pad has a lot of cut and could do more harm than good!

I have foam pads from Excel detail and like them

but wait till you see the price for a round hunk of foam...

A lambs wool "pad" is a great/ideal "Base" for putting on a Terry or Microfiber bonnet! These bonnets are used to remove the compound/glaze/wax that you guys put on the painted surface of your vehicles .

They can also be used to apply an aggressive approach to polishing out problems with the proper compound, without the bonnets.

I gathered all this information from "your forum" . If you check, I think you will find what I am saying is true. I have no reason to lie or be evasive about anything. I am hear to learn, that is it!!!!

All of my statements like the ones above came from searching your archives and determining the most popular opinions about various products.

This is all I have to go on! If you can`t understand that, then I don`t know what else to say!!

Changeling

PS. When I have to stop and verify or establish some type of situation/question as to what I am doing because of some simple question it borders on ridiculous, it interupts with my fixing dinner and a million other things ! Sirs, if you have problems with me, just send me a PM, and all this Crap can be left out of the public domain and I don`t have to go through this ****! :usa

Changeling

imported_Detailing Technology
12-13-2006, 08:37 PM
:closed:

TortoiseAWD
12-13-2006, 09:11 PM
Geez, take a chill pill, already. You asked for advice, and forum members are trying to help. How `bout a little appreciation for those that have taken time to reply, rather than chastising them? Oh, right; it might interrupt your dinner . . .

I think jsatek is right: :lock:

Tort

(moderator)