PDA

View Full Version : 1st post, PC 7336@Lowes

johnson48
12-13-2006, 06:15 PM
Been lurking here for a few weeks and you guys got me pumped about detailing! I just bought a `07 Accord EX-L in graphite silver and a `07 Honda Pilot in Dark Cherry and am ready to get my first details going. I ordered the ultimate detailing kit and a bottle of Z8 from Zaino for my first product. I want to at least get an application of Z5pro on both cars before the weather gets really bad, so I am going to clay and apply the Z. I will see how they look and decide whether to dawn wash, polish, and reapply Z if I can get a few days of decent weather after the holidays.

If you are interested in buying a PC:

I was reading a post about some guys that had bought a pc7336 from lowes for $60. I called my local lowes and told them about store #0304 in arvada, co that was selling them for $59.50 (according to a poster in the thread). The lowes employee said that he could not match prices with stores not in the region, and that they were selling them for $119. But then he said "wait a minute, this item is a non-stock and is selling for 59.50, but we dont have any more". So I went to another lowes in town and told them about this special price. They said they had it down as $119 and not $60, but they called the original store and confirmed that they were selling them for $60 and matched the price. What the manager told me was that the special $60 price on this non-stock item was at the discretion of the store manager. So, if one store in your area is not selling it for this price, check some other stores. I would suggest calling them up and ask them to do a "stock and price check on item#51472" and ask them if it shows it on sale as an advertised special for $59.50. And keep trying all the stores in your area.

Changeling
12-13-2006, 06:32 PM
Been lurking here for a few weeks and you guys got me pumped about detailing! I just bought a `07 Accord EX-L in graphite silver and a `07 Honda Pilot in Dark Cherry and am ready to get my first details going. I ordered the ultimate detailing kit and a bottle of Z8 from Zaino for my first product. I want to at least get an application of Z5pro on both cars before the weather gets really bad, so I am going to clay and apply the Z. I will see how they look and decide whether to dawn wash, polish, and reapply Z if I can get a few days of decent weather after the holidays.

If you are interested in buying a PC:

I was reading a post about some guys that had bought a pc7336 from lowes for $60. I called my local lowes and told them about store #0304 in arvada, co that was selling them for $59.50 (according to a poster in the thread). The lowes employee said that he could not match prices with stores not in the region, and that they were selling them for $119. But then he said "wait a minute, this item is a non-stock and is selling for 59.50, but we dont have any more". So I went to another lowes in town and told them about this special price. They said they had it down as $119 and not $60, but they called the original store and confirmed that they were selling them for $60 and matched the price. What the manager told me was that the special $60 price on this non-stock item was at the discretion of the store manager. So, if one store in your area is not selling it for this price, check some other stores. I would suggest calling them up and ask them to do a "stock and price check on item#51472" and ask them if it shows it on sale as an advertised special for $59.50. And keep trying all the stores in your area.

You are a very "Luckly" fellow! The Frederick maryland store told me (over a week ago) that it wasn`t handled by Lowes, but they could (special) order it for , $160.00!

I declined and found it on-line for about $128.00 delivered.

Prices are give or take a couple of bucks!

Changeling

Dan
12-13-2006, 08:21 PM
Went by the Lowes in Chantilly, VA and they would not budge on the price.

imported_TheFiveO
12-13-2006, 08:37 PM
Or you could buy one of my extras for $99. I lowered the price from my original posting

ManiZ
12-14-2006, 02:07 AM
Sweet! I am in Denver and had called the Greenwood Village Lowes just two days ago about the PC. They were indeed selling it for $119 so I thought Colorado didn`t have it on sale. I will call them again tomorrow and ask them to price match it with Arvada. Which store did you buy it at?

This is sweet news! Thank you!

johnson48
12-14-2006, 08:49 AM
I am actually in Ohio. If your local lowes doesnt have the special price on it keep calling around. I would ask them to specifically check on their computer for the price. Tell them you heard it was a "non-stock" item and many of the stores near your "friends" are selling it as an "advertised special". Even if the tool guy says no, you might want to speak with the manager and see if they will lower the price, as I was told it was up to the manager if they put these non-stock items on sale. I would say for this price it is worth all the time and hassle. Good luck!

ManiZ
12-14-2006, 11:56 AM
Thanks. By the way, which poster are you referring to for the Arvada, CO store? I`m sure if I take a print out of that with me to my local store, they will match it. I have searched here but haven`t found it.

johnson48
12-14-2006, 12:26 PM
here is a link to the original thread

http://autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/82237-lowes-carries-pc-7336-really-same-thing-7424-a-3.html?highlight=arvada

I should have posted my 1st post on this thread but i couldnt remember where I had read it. I just did a search for "arvada" and I found it. Looks like i learned my lesson about searching!

Changeling
12-14-2006, 04:07 PM
You are a very "Luckly" fellow! The Frederick maryland store told me (over a week ago) that it wasn`t handled by Lowes, but they could (special) order it for , $160.00!

I declined and found it on-line for about $128.00 delivered.

Prices are give or take a couple of bucks!

Changeling

Sorry guys, I forgotto tell you where. coastaltools.com

It`s well worth a look! :wow: