PDA

View Full Version : A few last minute questions....

Fifth_geN
12-13-2006, 02:19 PM
Hey guys,

I got my PC in yesterday! Now it`s time to order all my wax/polish. But before I order I had a question about wax.

I am going to get sonus SFX-1,2, and 3, for polish and was thinking MEG`s NXT for wax. But I was actualy wondering if you could use MEG`s gold class clear coat paste wax with a buffer. I bought it from autozone a while back, but I don`t know if its safe to use with a PC. Is it? If not I will just get NXT, but I figured I would ask if I could use the paste so I could save a little extra $$ and skip out on the NXT.

Any help is appreciated.

BobD
12-13-2006, 02:24 PM
Hey guys,

I got my PC in yesterday! Now it`s time to order all my wax/polish. But before I order I had a question about wax.

I am going to get sonus SFX-1,2, and 3, for polish and was thinking MEG`s NXT for wax. But I was actualy wondering if you could use MEG`s gold class clear coat paste wax with a buffer. I bought it from autozone a while back, but I don`t know if its safe to use with a PC. Is it? If not I will just get NXT, but I figured I would ask if I could use the paste so I could save a little extra $$ and skip out on the NXT.

Any help is appreciated.

You can do one of a few things.

1) I usually apply the paste wax by hand and use the PC with a soft finish pad to go back over it to even it out.

2) If the wax will come out of the can in one chunk you can just rub it on the pad.

3) Some people use a butter knife to smear it onto the pad but I find this waste a lot.

Less
12-13-2006, 02:26 PM
I also got my PC yesterday and I would like an answer to this question as well. But rather than focus on Megs gold class paste specifically, can we define exactly what makes a wax safe to use with a buffer or not.

And Fifth Gen, get the NXT anyway. It fills, it shines, it protects. And it is sooo easy to use even by hand. You`ll find that you can apply it once a month in between full details very easily and your car will look friggen awesome

Fifth_geN
12-13-2006, 02:27 PM
Awseome! I just know that some waxes and polish`s are to be usd with either and only a buffing pad or by machine and wasn`t sure if this paste was one of them. I appreciate the help.

And less, thanks for the info., I will go ahead and buy it anyway.

BobD
12-13-2006, 02:37 PM
I also got my PC yesterday and I would like an answer to this question as well. But rather than focus on Megs gold class paste specifically, can we define exactly what makes a wax safe to use with a buffer or not.

And Fifth Gen, get the NXT anyway. It fills, it shines, it protects. And it is sooo easy to use even by hand. You`ll find that you can apply it once a month in between full details very easily and your car will look friggen awesome

Use a slow speed and a soft pad and any wax or sealant should be fine to use with a PC.

bsk_500
12-13-2006, 09:04 PM
Use a slow speed and a soft pad and any wax or sealant should be fine to use with a PC.

i also just got my new pc 7336. i`ve been trying to find the back plate and polishing/waxing foam pad at pepboys and autozone, but they dont carry it. for now i am thinking of just use the the foam pad to apply the polish and wax. i need to order back plate and polishing and waxing pad online if i can`t find it any where else. i`m not gonna worry about the swirl or marings for now. what does everyone think of my idea? i just want to start using the pc to apply polish and wax. oh, Danase, how slow? at what speed on the pc?

BobD
12-14-2006, 07:38 AM
Do you mean using the foam pad that comes with the PC for polishing and waxing? If so I would use it for polishing but not waxing. If I remember correctly it is pretty stiff and not soft enough for wax or sealant application.

I usually wax on speed 3.

Fifth_geN
12-14-2006, 10:22 AM
Hey guys, another question. I dont want to start another thread so I figured i`d post here. Anyway, I got the 7424, which comes with the 6" counterweight which ill use with my 6" pads, BUT if I were to switch to 4" pads, should I use a different counterweight?

Also, that spacer that came with it, thats not used with the flexplate is it? The directions were not very clear about that.

Thanks