PDA

View Full Version : Who Wants to Wetsand/Buff my Car? (Irvine, CA)

Pages : [1] 2

OCKlasse
12-12-2006, 03:07 AM
Hey guys,

I will be getting some Brabus/AMG bodywork on my Mercedes C Class within the next few months, and would be interested in having my car wetsanded/buffed after to remove all the orange peel from the bumpers (and the rest of the car for that matter). Anyone in OC that would be up to the job? If so, pm me, so if the time comes, I will have someone to go to. Thanks

4AudiQ
12-13-2006, 07:01 PM
Have you considered Bruce Strauss in Costa Mesa, off Red Hill?

He works on Mercedes, but I had him paint the hood of my 1984 Audi Quattro. 1 year later when the paint started to fail, they repainted it at no charge, sanding it correctly the 2nd time.

They really do quality work. My brother-in-law used to run their upholstery shop.

ZoranC
12-13-2006, 08:40 PM
1 year later when the paint started to fail, they repainted it at no charge, sanding it correctly the 2nd time. They really do quality work.

Wouldn`t these two be a contradiction?

theamcguy
12-14-2006, 08:58 AM
Contact the Octane Guy over at showcargarage.com I believe he is in Southern CA and travels to the customer. You can see his work on the site.

ZoranC
12-14-2006, 02:01 PM
Contact the Octane Guy over at showcargarage.com I believe he is in Southern CA and travels to the customer. You can see his work on the site.

That would have been my recommandation too except thread starter is in Irvine so I suggested Mike Phillips as #1 choice. But both of them are from what I hear and see incredible.

MaximusZTS
12-14-2006, 02:29 PM
That would have been my recommandation too except thread starter is in Irvine so I suggested Mike Phillips as #1 choice. But both of them are fronm what I hear and see incredible.

Mike is not from Irvine!

ZoranC
12-14-2006, 08:55 PM
Mike is not from Irvine!

No, he is not, but he does work in Irvine area when he is physically at work place so I figured there is some proximity there.

Richard@BlackWOW
12-15-2006, 01:15 AM
Thanks for the referral guys. Yeah either Mike or myself could do the work. Mike actually lives in Apple Valley which is near Hesperia, but he comes to Irvine once or twice a week. I`ve got customers in Irvine as well--going to see one this coming Monday, I was in Irvine twice last week for different customers, but I think for this wetsanding job, Mike has more experience than I do, so if I had my druthers, I`d recommend Mike as well. Thanks!!!

Richard

OCKlasse
12-15-2006, 04:11 AM
Thanks for the referral guys. Yeah either Mike or myself could do the work. Mike actually lives in Apple Valley which is near Hesperia, but he comes to Irvine once or twice a week. I`ve got customers in Irvine as well--going to see one this coming Monday, I was in Irvine twice last week for different customers, but I think for this wetsanding job, Mike has more experience than I do, so if I had my druthers, I`d recommend Mike as well. Thanks!!!

Richard

Thanks for the help! Approximately about how much would it cost?

SpoiledMan
12-15-2006, 09:33 AM
If I were a betting man, I`d bet that Mike is going to send you back to the guy that painted the car. He`s likely to have the philosophy that if he didn`t paint it, he wont sand it either.

Richard@BlackWOW
12-15-2006, 11:09 AM
Well I wouldn`t be so sure of that. We`re talking about fresh paint here since it`s about to be repainted, not months old paint.

If I were a betting man, I`d bet that Mike is going to send you back to the guy that painted the car. He`s likely to have the philosophy that if he didn`t paint it, he wont sand it either.

imported_Detailing Technology
12-15-2006, 11:58 AM
Wouldn`t these two be a contradiction?

Good recco!

Come get incinvenienced 2 times for the price of one!!!

ZoranC
12-15-2006, 02:24 PM

One never knows for sure unless he asks. It costs nothing to ask and only Mike can speak for himself what he will and what he won`t per each particular case.

ZoranC
12-15-2006, 02:33 PM
Come get incinvenienced 2 times for the price of one!!!

Not to mention brother-in-law working in upholestery department is quality seal for paint department. Hmmm, even that would require that upholestery department is doing great work and that brother-in-law`s presence in it is what quality seals it because if they weren`t he wouldn`t be working there. Which would further require that brother-in-law is extremely reputable upholestery guy (not guy in billing of upholestery shop) and kind of person that would walk out of there if they were not up to his standard. Which assumes he hasn`t been there for short time and is not planning to walk out.

OK, OK, [/jokingly sarcastic mode], I hope I will be forgiven.

SpoiledMan
12-15-2006, 02:38 PM
One never knows for sure unless he asks. It costs nothing to ask and only Mike can speak for himself what he will and what he won`t per each particular case.

I wasn`t speaking for him I was giving my opinion based on past conversations with him. I also didn`t say that he couldn`t/shouldn`t ask.:nixweiss