PDA

View Full Version : claying question

Nuke33
12-11-2006, 11:09 PM
If i clat with car was soap do i put it in a squirt bottle? along with the car all soaped up? I want to save money on quick detaling spray

Thanks

Ryan:xyxthumbs

Eliot Ness
12-11-2006, 11:17 PM
You can do it like that, but I just suds up the area from my wash bucket (or from my foam gun), then dip my clay into the wash to lube it up. Some clays don`t play well with some soaps (they tend to dissolve), but I haven`t had that problem.

They say ONR (http://store.danase.com/opnowaandshg.html) mixes up to make a good economical clay lube, but I haven`t tried that yet.

twitch
12-11-2006, 11:30 PM
I just suds up the area from my wash bucket (or from my foam gun), then dip my clay into the wash to lube it up. Some clays don`t play well with some soaps (they tend to dissolve), but I haven`t had that problem.

This is how I do it and have had success this way except for the last time I tried it. I really believe I made the soap solution too strong as I recall saying "oh dang" while dumping some Meguiar`s Gold Class soap into the wash bucket. :D The amount of soap was close to (but not quite) the size of cd laying flat in the bucket for about 1.5 gallons of water.

The gray Sonus clay started to get really gritty and fell apart due to the strong solution.

You live and you learn, right? :o