PDA

View Full Version : PPG makes it but is it aquapel?????

Hines
12-11-2006, 07:27 PM
ok, well i tried aquapel about 9 months ago and it is just now starting to fade away. I bought it at pepboys. I went back and they dont carry it anymore. but they have something made by ppg that is packaged the same and has the same applicator. I bought some of this stuff but have not used it yet. anyone have any info or experience with the stuff yet??

if you go to this link you can see the 2 different products. Aquapel is marketed under the "professional" section while the glass treatment is marketed under the "consumer" section.

PPG Industries (http://www.ppg.com/gls_aquapel/consumer/protect.htm)

chml17l
12-11-2006, 07:52 PM
I work for PPG chemicals, not their glass division, but my guess is that the consumer grade Aquapel is exactly the same as the pro. The difference between the Aquapel pro and consumer may just be their change in marketing slant. They may finally be trying to market it more directly to consumers instead of thru mostly auto glass repair shops.

Interesting that they have several consumer-geared products coming to market. I never would have known about these were it not for your link. PPG`s different divisions almost never commingle so I don`t get any good info from the paint and glass guys.

Anybody tried the "Invisible Wheel Film", yet?

Hines
12-11-2006, 08:47 PM
thanks for the reply, im interested in these other products as well :)

damn them for not sharing information ;)