PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else still use newspaper for windows?

tyoung
12-11-2006, 06:55 PM
I know there are special MF`s for windows, but I am still extremely happy with the way newspaper leaves the windows. Crystal clear and streak free, just gotta wash your hands afterwards.

paul34
12-11-2006, 11:24 PM
The only time I tried it I got terrible streaking and destroyed newspaper :nixweiss:

I just use WW`s now, otherwise I`d have to buff until I had serious pain in my shoulders with regular MFs - otherwise it was streak city.

I still struggle a bit with glass

Juztang
12-11-2006, 11:28 PM
I use 2 microfibers for glass. One for the first wipe and a second to buff. This way I don`t get any streaking.

BigAl3
12-11-2006, 11:28 PM
too much of a mess for me. i like to use a low nap mf towel (similiar to the old megs ultimate wipes). for some reason it cleans glass better than a plush mf towel for me...

Mikeyc
12-12-2006, 12:35 AM
For a time I used newspaper to clean glass. It was much better (and cheaper) than paper towels. However, the ink stained my hands and the newspaper often disintegrated during the cleaning process.

I`ve tried several different towels to clean glass since I stopped using newspaper. Right now I`m very happy using the Cobra Glass Towels. They`re a waffle weave microfiber towel and they`ve worked very well for me. I get no streaks and the glass is clean in a blink.

foxtrapper
12-12-2006, 06:18 AM
I still use newspapers, for the same reason you do.

trhland
12-12-2006, 06:32 AM
i use blue surgical towels there great for windows and also interiors .

BlackElantraGT
12-12-2006, 06:34 AM
I used to use newspaper, but I find that it only makes it harder for me now that we have microfiber towels to do the job. I haven`t had a problem so far with glass using the Sam`s Club blue microfiber towels. They`re cheap and recently I tried using the Walmart waffle weave microfiber towels and for me, it didn`t do as great of a job as the regular Sam`s Club MF

Dan
12-12-2006, 06:46 AM
I like the wal-mart houseware section window MF`s. While newspaper works well, it leaves a mess on the dash or surrounding panels.

Nacho_Z71
12-12-2006, 08:48 AM
I still use paste wax, newspaper for the windows, and armor-all for the tires.

OLD SCHOOL RULES :nana:

coupe
12-12-2006, 08:57 AM
I use 2 microfibers for glass. One for the first wipe and a second to buff. This way I don`t get any streaking.

This is exactly what i do and i only use water, no glass cleaners.

tyoung
12-12-2006, 10:01 AM
The MF`s I have seem to always leave some lint. I may try a glass specific one some day, but I just seem to get great results with the newspaper. Works good with Stoners too. I just have to be careful and wash good before doing anything else.

imported_Yal
12-12-2006, 10:10 AM
The MF`s I have seem to always leave some lint. I may try a glass specific one some day, but I just seem to get great results with the newspaper. Works good with Stoners too. I just have to be careful and wash good before doing anything else.

Thats what I use Newspaper with Stoners. Winning combo :) I too get way too much lint using anything else.

Heathenbrewing
12-12-2006, 10:31 AM
Hmm...no one else uses a sqeegee and Invisible Glass?

I find it the quickest method to do windows, streak free and I can do all windows (inside and out) in much less than 10 minutes.