PDA

View Full Version : Whats in your weekly ritual?

Pages : [1] 2

joyriiide1113
12-11-2006, 01:17 PM
I know this has been discussed, argued, and re-lived, but I say lets give it another go and see whats everyones opinions and answers are now.

What do you do in your weekly ritual and regular cleanups that do not involve waxing, or anything special, just maintenance.

Every Saturday morning I:

*clean wheels, tires, wells

*wash body

*Dry door jams

*Blow water from cracks

*Spray wax wheels (previously sealed)

*dress tires and well

*QD or Spray Wax paint

***If neccesary I will polish my chrome tips and re-dress body trim.

------

This on the other hand takes a bit of time and I know I can do it a lot faster if I skimp on the door jams and cracks.

What do u guys do weekly?

ZaneO
12-11-2006, 02:00 PM
My routine is identical (sans wheel wax), but I don`t always get to do it weekly.

joyriiide1113
12-11-2006, 02:38 PM
Do you ever just wash and dry? Maybe dress the tires. Sometimes I feel and tell myself that I`m just going to wash, dry, and dress tires, but I always end up angry about the water drips.... Then I start fidgetting and doing the same process all over again.

imported_GregCavi
12-11-2006, 02:42 PM
Although lately it has been almost every 2-3 weeks, my regimen is:

-Thoroughly Wash wheels and wells, Dress

-Wash body and windows with Z7

-Blow majority of water off paint and cracks with leaf blower, blot dry WW

-Z8 wipedown, paint, wheels, glass.

-Vacuum interior

-MF interior Wipe

-IG interior Glass wipedown

-Dry Jambs/Z8

joyriiide1113
12-11-2006, 02:48 PM
Although lately it has been almost every 2-3 weeks, my regimen is:

-Thoroughly Wash wheels and wells, Dress

-Wash body and windows with Z7

-Blow majority of water off paint and cracks with leaf blower, blot dry WW

-Z8 wipedown, paint, wheels, glass.

-Vacuum interior

-MF interior Wipe

-IG interior Glass wipedown

-Dry Jambs/Z8

Do you do a free flow water rinse or go staight to the leaf blower?

Also, what would you do if it was like mid-week, and the car was beginnign to look bad, and you knew you would give it a full attention wash the weekend coming up? Would you let stuff like water drips, jams, ect, bother you?

Dan
12-11-2006, 03:51 PM
I can`t seem to just wash the car, always have to do QD/AQ + tire shine. Adds 10 minutes but the results are worth more than that.

Wasatch
12-11-2006, 04:02 PM
When the weather is nice, I QD every 2-3 days. Wash every 2-3 weeks.

imported_GregCavi
12-11-2006, 04:09 PM
Do you do a free flow water rinse or go staight to the leaf blower?

Also, what would you do if it was like mid-week, and the car was beginnign to look bad, and you knew you would give it a full attention wash the weekend coming up? Would you let stuff like water drips, jams, ect, bother you?

After pressure washing, I could free flow water, and easily remove 95% of water, but because I would be blowing out the cracks anyway, I just go right to the leafblower. The finish is so slick, that a quick flow of air over the panel leaves it 95+ % water free.

As per what I do midweek if my car starts to look dirty? I wait haha. With the cold temperatures, it sometimes gets to be 2-3 weeks between washes.

Greg

imported_altez
12-11-2006, 04:10 PM
Weekly ritual during college football season:

Every Saturday:

Wake Up

Turn on Tv

Watch Tv from 10:00am till 10:00pm

Repeat next week

:D

J/k

The usual (since I have so many other chores to do)

- Exterior Wash

- Dress wheels

Vaccum interior when I can (I noticed it is very dirty for the average autopian today) ;(

ZaneO
12-11-2006, 04:18 PM
Do you ever just wash and dry? Maybe dress the tires.

There are times when I skip the wheel wells, but I have a hard time not QDing after a wash. I like the "pop" :D

joyriiide1113
12-11-2006, 04:27 PM
I wish I could be how I was with my Mini Cooper 3 years ago. Back then I could wash, dry, and qd with no more worries of nothing. If water dripped, I barely noticed it, let alone let it bother me...

Now I have my X5 and with all the cracks and moldings on this vehicle water gets lodged everywhere and theres nothing worse than wiping over a panel with a dry MF towel and having water trail behind it...

Joy.

tyoung
12-11-2006, 04:35 PM
Wash

Spray wax as I dry

Wheels/Tires

Vaccuum

Interior QD

I have a gallon of ONR coming, so I`m looking forward to using that between full hose washes.

I try and do a quick QD every 2-3 days as well. (Sometimes daily, man black is a PITA some times, but looks so hot when it`s clean!)

imported_bdornseif
12-11-2006, 04:50 PM
Every Saturday Morning (summer) or Afternoon (winter) for my wife`s car:

*Cean wheels, tires, wells

*Wash body

*Blow dry with Air Wand

*Dry door jams

*Dress tires and well

*QD or Spray Wax paint

*QD exterior glass

*Vacuum interior

*As needed, I will polish the chrome tips and dress the interior

Same process on Sunday afternoon for my car

SVR
12-11-2006, 06:24 PM
Do you ever just wash and dry? Maybe dress the tires. Sometimes I feel and tell myself that I`m just going to wash, dry, and dress tires, but I always end up angry about the water drips.... Then I start fidgetting and doing the same process all over again.

Down to the pro wash (new restrictions mean no home washing at all)

Spray my own showcar soap (as I call it) formula shampoo/conditioner/sealant onto wheels and lower parts of body panels, clean wheels with a TOL lambswool wheel brush.

High pressure warm shampoo (it`s actually quite soft) on body, high pressure water rinse of body and wheels.

spray my special deep conditioning and sealant QD onto each panel and dry with four WW towels using blot and also slow gentle gliding technique.

Get home, Vacuum front carpet/de lint the seats.

Apply another coat of sealant or aquawax to body and glass

Dress tyres, remove water spots from exterior trim (it spots every time due to the material) with ultra gloss super polish/sealant and then close up garage and have a drink

TIP : should do a topic on monthly routine

BlueLibby04
12-12-2006, 01:11 PM
Gosh school sucks. Mine gets to sit in the parking lot and gather dust. I drove it last Saturday and before that, I hadn`t driven it for a week!

Today is Tuesday and ive not driven it since Saturday.. I wont drive it till friday when I go home. And Ill probably detail it.

I did the inside last time i was home, so its still clean.. I layed down a layer of NXT last time I was home which was 3 weeks ago. its not been washed since and its only snowed once or twice, so its dusty. Ill probably just wash the jeep, wheel wells, rims+tires, door jams, dry it, then QD it. I do not see any use in QDing it and QWing it.