PDA

View Full Version : NooB Here, Detailed wifes Van- "Where did the scratches go?"

SteveG66
12-11-2006, 12:47 PM
I am a NUBE and first post, be kind please, have been lurking for a little time now and continue to try to decode the messages. I assume it`s a "rite of passage" but I`m getting better.

My wifes 7 year old van was the first of my details. I just did the outside with Clay, Cleaner (mothers) and NXT. I bought a PC from Lowes for $95. I had been looking at them for years. I have a Crapsman polisher which doesnt work well, especially compared to the PC.

I got the van done and was really excited to see what she thought. She didnt get as excited as I did. I actually didn`t think in mattered much to her. At least until I was telling my brother about the PC. I asked her, while on the phone, how her van looked. She responded loudly that it looked like new. Afterwards, she asked me where all the scratches went? Made me proud!!!!:clap:

Thanks again for everyone sharing their experiences and taking the time to post and share. I know the products I used were consumer grade, but boy did they make a difference. I hope to get into the higher grade products, but once I learn more. I don`t feel I can do too much damage with the mothers cleaner.

Thanks again and have a great day!!!!

SteveG

BigAl3
12-11-2006, 12:50 PM
:welcome ....

Juztang
12-11-2006, 01:07 PM
Welcome to Autopia! Lots of awesome information with great members!

IBStoney1
12-12-2006, 11:57 PM
Welcome and enjoy your stay as you seem to have stumbled down the slippery slope of addiction like the rest of us into paint polishing. :spot :spot :spot