Poilish OPT Polish // LC Orange pad

Glaze MEG #7

Seal PB EX-P

Natty`s Paste wax

Car is Honda civic silver (repaint)

Thanks

Accumulator
12-10-2006, 01:45 PM
That process looks good for a repaint assuming the marring isn`t too bad and the OCP can handle it. I`d stick in another polishing step with a milder pad but that might not be necessary, hard to say, you`ll just have to see.

FWIW I seldom use #7 except on old single stage, but if that`s what you have then that`s what you have. If you don`t have it yet I`d rather use #5/#3/#81 as I find them easier (and I`ve used #7 since the `70s ;) ) or you might look into the very popular RMG.

OR you could use a number of other products for the final polish and/or glaze but I don`t want to toss out a bunch of "buy this and this and.." type recommendations that you might not care about.

Nuke33
12-10-2006, 01:48 PM
Well i dont have the glaze i was just woindering if it was necessary, the car is it awsome shape becides some dent and chips :( damn north country it was done by an awsome painter around here. Its got so light swirls nothing to bad mainly due to bad washing pratice ect... due to lack of knowdgle

Accumulator
12-10-2006, 01:55 PM
Then you might not even *need* the glaze. If you`re starting from scratch (no products on hand) I`d probably steer you towards 1Z polishes, which are my usual faves for use unde carnaubas. They correct and fill, so they solve problems very well...and they`re incredibly user-friendly.

If you already have the OCP, I`d consider the glaze optional but probably helpful. If you`re going OTC, I bet you`d be happier with the DC #2 than with the #7 and many autoparts stores have both. Autobody/paint supply places often have the #5 (or can order it) and that`s still my first choice.

And FWIW, I just consider chips to be the cost of living in the real world, they don`t bother me all that much compared to swirls/etc. Hope you`re getting that wash technique sorted out ;)