PDA

View Full Version : Overboard

FirstOne
12-09-2006, 06:40 PM
For all you people who have a lot of expeience, could you tell me if this combo is too much. First, I will be using the PC. I`ve done about 4 or 5 vehicles with it, all of them my own. Currently I have an 04F150 (red) which I have detailed 2 times. The only combinations I`ve tried on it have been the normal

Wash

Dry

Clay

AIO

SG

S100

I also have an 06 Honda Ridgeline (Red Rock Pearl) which I have used the same combination on it also. Both vehicles have come out looking really well, although the Honda I think does shine more, maybe because it is darker, but anywaymy 3rd vehicle is a 2000 dark green Buick LeSabre (daily driver, good gas mileage compared to the Ford) Here`s what I want to try on it.

Wash

Dry

Clay

Here`s where I`m not too sure. The car has surface scratches and swirl marks. I`ve just received my orders from Autogeek and Exceldetail. This is the order I`m guessing at but somebody with more expeience with dark colors etc. will probably make some adjustments.

AIO and/or PB SSR2.5 with PC I think it will require the orange pad vs. white one

Blackfire Finishing Polish with PC and white pad

Red Moose Glaze with PC and white pad

Nattys Blue Paste Wax

Thanks

Cleaning Fool
12-09-2006, 06:55 PM
Klasse is not a great swirl remover, Id go super swirl remover 2.5

FirstOne
12-09-2006, 07:00 PM
Would the AIO add anything to it putting it on after SSR2.5

Bigpoppa3346
12-09-2006, 07:32 PM
Use a finishing polish after SSR 2.5. Then RMG and Natty`s Blue. Or AIO and SG.

JohnZ3MC
12-09-2006, 07:45 PM
Would the AIO add anything to it putting it on after SSR2.5

No - because it`s mostly a chemical cleaner and the SSR would have already polished/removed anything the AIO would have removed.

Your polishes, glazes and waxes in the next steps will render AIO redundant.

-John C.