PDA

View Full Version : best wax ????

Pages : [1] 2 3

trhland
12-08-2006, 08:21 AM
hi guys im looking for the best wax that you guys recommend . apure wax with no cleaners or abrasives. any help would be greatly apreciated. thanks

BobD
12-08-2006, 08:23 AM
This is the wrong question to ask a forum like this. :lol There are so many correct answers that there is no one answer.

trhland
12-08-2006, 08:35 AM
i just wanted to get a couple ideas ok!! thats what this forum is for right.

BobD
12-08-2006, 08:43 AM
i just wanted to get a couple ideas ok!! thats what this forum is for right.

For one, calm down a bit.

Two, in my opinion it is P21S or Chemical Guys 50/50.

David703
12-08-2006, 08:58 AM
Its just hard to say, especially when you ask for "the best" wax. Do you mean the best shine? The best protection? Certainly for the best protection Collinite 476 would be right up there. As far as shine goes, there are just too many to call the best. I like Natty`s Blue and P21S.

velobard
12-08-2006, 09:14 AM
Yup, it`s all a matter of "best" for what? Protection? Durability? Beading effect? Sheeting action? Reflectivity? Wetness? Depth? Hiding swirls?

There`s more, but when it comes right down to it, as far as appearances go the biggest factor is going to be your personal taste. Oh, and don`t forget budget. And maybe the color of your car. And maybe the phase of the moon, LOL. I have several and often switch between them, but there`s more I`d like to try out. :buffing:

Some of the ones I use: Pink Wax, 845, EX-P, NXT, Natty`s Blue, 1000P, 2180, and there are some more. A couple of those are officially sealants since they`re synthetic, but they serve the same basic purpose. I also have a variety of glazes I sometimes use under the wax.

Whatever wax you use, the biggest factor in the final appearance is what you do to prepare the surface by cleaning and polishing. You can have a swirled car with Zymol Royale ($7K+ at Amazon Amazon.com: Zymol Royale Glaze: Automotive (http://www.amazon.com/Zymol-12001-Royale-Glaze/dp/B000F3K0T8) ) and it won`t look nearly a nice as a properly polished car with Turtle Wax.

trhland
12-08-2006, 09:27 AM
im looking for the best shine .

BobD
12-08-2006, 09:30 AM
im looking for the best shine .

On what color? You just want a paste wax or would you consider sealants? Do you want a deep shine, wet shine, or reflective shine?

velobard
12-08-2006, 09:35 AM
And are you looking for a show car wax that might only last a couple of weeks, or something that might sacrifice a touch in appearance (but perhaps only to the Autopian eye), but offers several months of durability. Is it exposed to the elements 24/7, or a garage queen? What we`re all trying to tell you is there is NO single right answer. Fortunately, there are loads of decent products available.

Brian_Brice
12-08-2006, 09:41 AM
This is the wrong question to ask a forum like this. :lol There are so many correct answers that there is no one answer.

this thread shouldve stopped here:chuckle:

trhland
12-08-2006, 09:44 AM
i understand that theres just so many products out there its hard for you guys to really recommend one product .i have 2 dark colored trucks and im really looking to try some new products .im looking for nice protection and nice shine . i was looking at pinnacle line .i never used them before .just looking to try something new. thanks guys for your help

DM101
12-08-2006, 09:47 AM
For me and my car, Souveran and 5050. Proper prep is the the key to a good wax finish.

velobard
12-08-2006, 10:07 AM
You want one suggestion, ok I`ll give it a shot. I`m gonna presume you`d rather have something you can buy locally, so pick up some Meguiars #26 Yellow Wax. It comes in paste or liquid. Presumably the liquid is a little easier to apply, but the paste lasts a little longer. Very good appearance and durability.

Dan
12-08-2006, 10:17 AM
i understand that theres just so many products out there its hard for you guys to really recommend one product .i have 2 dark colored trucks and im really looking to try some new products .im looking for nice protection and nice shine . i was looking at pinnacle line .i never used them before .just looking to try something new. thanks guys for your help

Collinite 845 is to me, the best compromise wax because its very durable, goes on and off easily and looks great.

a.k.a. Patrick
12-08-2006, 10:20 AM
Hmmmm......I was just going to recommend Mothers Pure Nuba Past Wax.............(for OTC)

Boutique? Nattys, (Vanilla Moose Nuba Wax but it has cleaning prop`s) , Collinite 845, One Grande Blitz Wax (Cept if your in Ca, cant buy in Ca)

I can vouch for the above as I have used them only, Ive never tried the Megs but it sure does get a lot of press around here......