PDA

View Full Version : how much would you pay?

jeramieengelman
12-07-2006, 11:30 PM
How much is the average cost to detail a car in IL? What would you pay?:thx

imported_GregCavi
12-07-2006, 11:35 PM
Welcome! My buddy used to live in Joliet. He tells me about the prison from BLues brothers lol.

Anyway, For a full detail, in-out-engine, I would pay up to 300 bucks, but it can easily go higher or lower. I would start a thread in the regional forums to find an autopian dealer rather than gamble with local detailers.

deadlock32
12-07-2006, 11:52 PM
you can check out my site = P

Remember the price hagglers and non-tippers are you enemy. I recently had a customer that wanted to have the exterior and engine detailed... (super dirty engine and the exterior needed claying bad) after talking about my prices, he is like `look i`ve only got 60 dollars in cash` im thinkin ok I did an exterior clay and cleaner sealant, plastic/trim cleaning, door jamb, gas cap, wheels deal for 50 bucks on a maxima. I went there the next day and while I was working some family members keep popping out and asking if I was finished or finishing soon. The job took 2.5 hrs, no tip, what ever. (ideal finish time was 2hrs)

moral of the story, dont set your prices too low. My prices are pretty low, I dont think I am charging enough for cars so i`ll be raising my prices a lil come spring. Just get the right clients and stick to your guns. its better to find some one that wants you to do a good job and point out stuff they like done better than people so can deal with the initial price to begin with.

Make sure you stick with a good hourly and build your prices for there, you are going to want to make at least 18 dollars an hr, but try to average 30 dollars and higher.

Any other questions let me know = ]

-Louis

(oh my web link available if you click on my usersame <<<<<<< and visit my homepage)

I based my prices on GTAinDetail (which I got permission from) and his site can be found here GTA In Detail (http://gtaindetail.com/) but he doesnt detail in area so I adjusted my prices accordingly. His packages make a lot of sense.

Envious Eric
12-08-2006, 02:06 AM
hourly depends on location

dragster69
12-08-2006, 03:23 AM
hourly depends on location

So, what`s the average hourly rate for a big city, or average size?

I mean, Chicago is a pretty big city like NY, L.A etc, so I guees the hourly rate will be different than in Iowa per-se, or a small town in the mid-west.

imported_mirrorfinishman
12-08-2006, 09:57 AM
So, what`s the average hourly rate for a big city, or average size?

You will find that the industry-wide average hourly rate is somewhere between $60 and $75 per hour.

Dan
12-08-2006, 10:02 AM
Another thing to think about is comparing services offered, 99% of the public thinks a wash and wax IS a detail.