PDA

View Full Version : Mr Cleen autodry on black car?

busyguy
12-07-2006, 10:11 PM
What do you think of using the Mr. Clean system to RINSE a black car off?

So far, that is the only way i have found to rinse my car after a wash without leaving streaks or swirls from drying..

I just use my regular wash method, then use the Mr.Kleen to rinse... I emediatly go for a freeway drive, and wallahh!!

any better ideas or similar uses?

BigJimZ28
12-07-2006, 10:19 PM
If that works for you, why do you need our approval?

busyguy
12-07-2006, 10:30 PM
because you guys are "the best" and i`m a noob to the higher end products you use.

A month ago, a 10 year old tin of turtle wax also "worked for me" but now i see there are MUCH MUCH better products, which take less time and yield FAR better results.

Just wondering if anyone else tried it, what they thought, or an alternative way to dry a black car without streaks/swirls..

thanks!!

Joshua312
12-07-2006, 11:00 PM
I would personally get some quality waffle weave towels from PakShak and just let the water rinse your car and then pat dry.

chu
12-07-2006, 11:46 PM
Dont do it!!! A friend of mines had really bad experience with it. STOP BEING LAZY and dry the car.

paul34
12-07-2006, 11:47 PM
A lot of people are have the product to be disappointing and expensive, but if it works for you, then go for it

But I`d second Joshua`s suggestion... personally I just do a free-flow rinse, a leafblower pass to get rid of most of the water and blow water out of the cracks, lights, mirrors, etc., then go through with a MF towel and some QD to blot up the remaining water.

BigAl3
12-07-2006, 11:49 PM
before you start drying the car, use just the hose (no nozzle) and sheet the water off from top to bottom, then use a quality waffle weave or large microfiber drying towel and lightly dry off the remainder....

deadlock32
12-08-2006, 01:19 AM
if you need a good wet dry vac, get a ridged and it can also serve as a blow drier. i`ve got this one: The Home Depot (http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/diy_main/pg_diy.jsp?CNTTYPE=PROD_META&CNTKEY=misc%2fsearchResults.jsp&BV_SessionID=@@@@0523910396.1165558613@@@@&BV_EngineID=cchiaddjihlhjdicgelceffdfgidgin.0&MID=9876)

and it comes with a hose and stuff BUT I got a seperate hose for vacumming (longer and stronger) so I use the stock hose to blow dry so nothing shoots out of the hose from vaccuming. its perfect for getting watter outta door handles and other nooks and crannies.

busyguy
12-08-2006, 01:55 AM
thanks guys! Thats exactly what i was looking for!

CHU- please elaborate on this "terrible" experience.

STG
12-08-2006, 04:56 AM
If that works for you, why do you need our approval?

He`s looking for help spelling voila!:dance

Joshua312
12-08-2006, 09:24 AM
Busyguy,

I`ll tell you specifically why I dont like Mr. Clean Autodry, personally. I have pretty hard water at my house and this thing just sucks those little cartridges down empty withint 1-2 washes. While with using the flow-free water or whatever you want to call it the water sheets off and there and then whatever little amount of water is left I just pat dry. Like Paul said it can get very expensive. The thing that bothered me the most was the pressure and water flow from the "spot-free" rinse. It seemed like I stood there for 30 minutes just trying to cover the whole car.

If you visit the PakShak site and look at the quality waffle weaves the prices, it might scare you off a little, but take a look at the cartridge prices you will be having to pay every 3-5 washes. The towels are a good investment IMO.

Good luck!

-Josh

busyguy
12-08-2006, 10:24 AM
thanks joshua312

I`ll be investing in those asap!!!!!

imported_samjake
12-11-2006, 06:08 AM
I have used the autodry system for approximately two years. I have the original version, not the "professional" version. I only use the autodry applicator to spray the filtered water-the final step. I do not use the autodry applicator to spray soap or to rinse off soap. Instead, I use a foam gun filled with the autodry soap and spray the autodry soap into a boar`s hair brush, wash one small section at a time, then thoroughly rinse out my brush. I use another nozzle to rinse off the soap. I use but don`t really care for the autodry soap as it seems to leaves a residue on my brush. However, the product works as advertised. Many contributors to this site dedicate considerable time to washing techniques designed to avoid paint finish damage. The real beauty of this product is that you avoid touching your vehicle during the drying cycle. Just as much or more paint finish damage can occur while drying as occurs while washing. With autodry, no water blades or MF towels come in contact with the paint finish. I also think it is a real time saver. Conventional drying methods are more time consuming than washing. With autodry, washing and drying take about the same amount of time.