PDA

View Full Version : Your biggest passenger pet peeve?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

lemans23
12-07-2006, 07:00 PM
An incident today sparked the idea for this thread. I`m a total non smoker for a couple of reasons including the fact that my father is a lung doctor. Anyone riding in my car would know this, thus, everyone who rides in my car is a non smoker as well. Well, today I was going out to my car after school and my friend was like David, can you take me and my sister home (his tire was flat, plus he has 2 15`s in his trunk thus, he doesn`t keep the spare tire in the car). I said sure, and unlocked the car. I had to run back in school to get my stats book, and when I come back out, his sister is ****ing lighting up a Marlboro in my backseat. I didn`t have to say anything except "Out.", but I was furious. I hate the smell of smoke, and now the car smells like smoke. Left her dumb *** standing in the parking lot too. So, to all of you, what`s that one thing you hate that your passengers do when they get in your car? A close second for me is touching the glass. Whattabout y`all?

paul34
12-07-2006, 07:10 PM
what the ?! You handled that appropriately - how rude for ANYONE to assume they can just light up in any car? Some people actually care for their health. Sorry to hear of your upcoming interior cleaning job :(

Yeah, I agree, touching the glass is a pet peeve of mine as well. I don`t think I really have any other big pet peeves, however... most of the passengers I`ve had are pretty respectful of the car.

You know its funny, because when I was little and my dad was a quasi-Autopian, he would always yell at us for "writing" in the dust on the car or the fog on the windows because fingerprints and stuff. Man, now I understand how much of a jerk I was then :(

imported_hooked
12-07-2006, 07:20 PM
My daughter has a habit of "writing" on the window when she is in the car. The other day, I had just finished cleaning the car, including the windows, and we were driving to lunch. On the way, the subject of not touching the windows came up and right after that she points to something outside the car and put her finger on the window. So I tell her not to do it, so she puts her finger in her mouth and tries to wipe away the fingerprint!

Sigh! It`s a lost cause!

xnavyguy
12-07-2006, 07:22 PM
My biggest pet peeve would be open drink containers. My family and friends think I`m the "drink nazi" because I won`t allow them to bring drinks in the family SUV unless they have a lid. I`ve actually lightened up a bit because until about a year or so ago, I would only allow drinks with screw on tops. Now I`ve flexed a bit and allow them to bring McD`s type drinks with one condition. If they spill it, we go back to the screw cap drinks.

I got tired of cleaning leather seats and carpeting too many times.

Dan
12-07-2006, 07:23 PM
The stuff that can be cleaned up doesn`t bother me so much like fingerprints in the windows/hard plastic or maybe even some dirt on the mats.

Slamming my doors drives me crazy. Its a frickin 1 year old car, not your greasy granny`s 83 Skylark. It takes 1 frickin finger to close the door.

the other pc
12-07-2006, 07:32 PM
Luckily for me nobody’s ever been that incredibly rude in my car. I’ve got plenty of friends who smoke but they’re all totally polite about it and would never dream of doing anything so stupid. Heck, most of them won’t even light up in their own cars.

About the worst thing I have to deal with is that my wife always hangs her purse on the transfer case shift lever in our 4x4. It’s not like I use it often or would ever need to use it in a hurry (it doesn’t shift on the fly, you need to be stopped to engage the hub locks) but it just ticks me off that anybody would touch a mechanical control in a vehicle that I’m driving. She’s never going to stop so I just have to suck it up and let it go.

I once had a friend spit on the inside of a window that he didn’t realize was open. I guess that’s what I get for having clean glass. Maybe I should have been mad but it was just so freaking stupid and surprising it was funny. That was over twenty years ago and we still make fun of him for that one.

PC.

BigAl3
12-07-2006, 07:35 PM
Slamming my doors drives me crazy.

this drives me :hairpull as well! i ask them not to slam the door please, only to see them the next time around and have them do it again. of course... i can`t say anything because after they do it, the window is rolled up and i don`t want roll it down only to yell at them not to do it again and make a scene...

p.s. farting in my car is a big no-no (unless i do it :D )!

lemans23
12-07-2006, 07:37 PM
Luckily for me nobody’s ever been that incredibly rude in my car. I’ve got plenty of friends who smoke but they’re all totally polite about it and would never dream of doing anything so stupid. Heck, most of them won’t even light up in their own cars.

About the worst thing I have to deal with is that my wife always hangs her purse on the transfer case shift lever in our 4x4. It’s not like I use it often or would ever need to use it in a hurry (it doesn’t shift on the fly, you need to be stopped to engage the hub locks) but it just ticks me off that anybody would touch a mechanical control in a vehicle that I’m driving. She’s never going to stop so I just have to suck it up and let it go.

I once had a friend spit on the inside of a window that he didn’t realize was open. I guess that’s what I get for having clean glass. Maybe I should have been mad but it was just so freaking stupid and surprising it was funny. That was over twenty years ago and we still make fun of him for that one.

PC.My worst pet peeve which has only happened twice, involves the placement of my shifter:

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6710/IMG_0081ORIG.jpg

People like fiddling around with my radio, but I stupidly took my friend in the car with me, and he goes dicking around with the radio, and knocks the car out of gear. Goddamn I was mad lol.

BigAl3
12-07-2006, 07:40 PM
My worst pet peeve which has only happened twice, involves the placement of my shifter:

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6710/IMG_0081ORIG.jpg

People like fiddling around with my radio, but I stupidly took my friend in the car with me, and he goes dicking around with the radio

yes, that`s like walking into their house and turning their tv to a different station. some people don`t realize they can touch the front of the radio display, dvd/navigation with their finger and easily scratch it...

White95Max
12-07-2006, 07:45 PM
Slamming the doors gets to me too. I grease my hinges every year, so the doors open and close VERY easily. But people that have heavy doors or hinges with old rotten grease will always slam the doors.

harvey
12-07-2006, 07:51 PM
Smoking, eating and drinking make sense, but touching glass?

MMasz
12-07-2006, 07:53 PM
My wife occasionally puts her bare feet on the dash of my Sienna! But after 26 years, I cut her some slack.

I think I`ll try it on her newly acquired pre-owned LS430!!

lemans23
12-07-2006, 07:56 PM
My wife occasionally puts her bare feet on the dash of my Sienna! But after 26 years, I cut her some slack.

I think I`ll try it on her newly acquired pre-owned LS430!!

In light of new evidence, it appears that the victim, MMasz, was brutally murdered for putting his feet on his wife`s brand new dashboard.

paul34
12-07-2006, 07:59 PM
^^ that`s going to take a lot of APC! :lol:

LastDetail
12-07-2006, 08:04 PM
Oh man I have several.

1) I have and always will be a car stereo enthusiast. I have spent a lot of money and time on the audio components that I like, and people will often get in my truck and want to do nothing but "pump the bass" with some rap cd. I hate rap. I hate when they touch the stereo face since it is mostly a display and they get their greasy fingerprints all over it.

2) I absolutely cannot stand when people slam my doors. The worst culprit is my soon-to-be father-in-law. He drives a big dualie (Chevy 3500) and his doors you have to pull as hard as you can to get them to latch. not just slam the doors but FRIGGIN SLAM THE DOORS. He is so used to doing it he does it in my truck. The first time he did it I nearly had a coronary. He slammed the door so hard the the tweeter popped out of its housing.

3) People who constantly want to touch the paint. Do not touch the paint, lean on the truck, or touch the glass. Touch the door handle only. Is that so hard?

4) Passengers that biatch and complain about parking four or five rows away from some empty parking spaces because I don`t want to squeeze betwee two other cars and risk getting dinged. Its an extra 50 feet, shut up about it already.

I have more but thats a good start