PDA

View Full Version : Mothers or Meg`s Clay?

Jellyrolls
04-17-2005, 12:10 AM
I am going to get a OTC clay bar soon...i seen both of these..
which is better?

CreativeDesignz
04-17-2005, 02:06 AM
Get the Clay Magic one. I used mothers as my first clay bar ever...i like the clay magic one a lot better

truzoom
04-17-2005, 02:38 AM
Either one will work fine, but the Mother`s kit seems to get more raves. I wish they didn`t include the bottle of cleaner wax though, might help reduce the price by a few dollars.

Boss_429
04-17-2005, 08:31 AM
I use to prefer the Mothers` clay bar over the Meguiar`s bar. However, the new Meguiar`s Quik Clay (white bar) is pretty nice. I don`t think you will go wrong with either. If you get the Meguiar`s kit, always save the bottle when you use the QD up. They throw a very fine mist of product and are great for QD`s, Spray & Wipe and other products.

Jellyrolls
04-17-2005, 09:02 AM
With these kits, does the lube come with it? If not, what lube do I get?
I am very new to this stuff as you can tell

jaybs02
04-17-2005, 09:39 AM
Lube comes with the kit, look for the clay magic it`s a few dollars cheaper and the bar is bigger than the mothers bar

Good luck,
"J"

Waxxy
04-17-2005, 01:35 PM
Like Jaybs95 says, most kits come with the lube. I have tried the Mother`s kit and it works well..but..I just used the ClayMagic claybar yesterday and must say that it is great! If you can find it, I highly recommend it. Use the blue (fine grade) one. I think that is comparable to the one in the Mother`s kit.

Good Luck!!! Show us pictures when you are done!

CreativeDesignz
04-17-2005, 03:36 PM
I got my clay magic Blue (fine) at pep boys i believe it was 12 or 14 dollars. Great clay for the money. No complaints here.

Rockpick
04-19-2005, 09:56 PM
Like Boss mentioned, I`m not sure you can go wrong with any of the three (mother`s, meguiar`s, or clay magic).

I`ve used all three and I`m not sure I really have a preference... The Meguiar`s bar might get a slight edge over the others just becuase I`ve used it longer (through a couple of reformulations) and more frequently.

RP :D

Jellyrolls
04-19-2005, 10:00 PM
this sounds like a dumb question but i have no idea ...

can you use a bar multiple times or not?

mr2man
04-19-2005, 10:28 PM
I reuse mine until they cant be cleaned anymore. If a piece gets too bad youll know. I like to wash mine well with some dish soap and try to get rid of the crap the claybar picks up. Each piece should give you several cars worth.

Mikeyzr
04-20-2005, 03:36 AM
I`ve used both as well. IMO I like the Mothers. It`s a versitile kit and if you be patient, sometimes you can find them on clearance for about $9 or cheaper. I usually buy about 4 kits when I find them on sale. Both are great though!

Mike