PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo got my MF towels today

Jeroen
05-28-2003, 03:36 PM
Well in my search for MF towels here in Holland I found a company named Betsy`s who sells them. So I ordered a few different towels from them to see if I could use them for my car. One towel is 60x45cm, 100% microfiber, the rest are 40x40cm, 70% polyester and 30% polyamide. Prices around €4,- not expensive I think:)
I did the cd test and didn`t get any scratches, only with one towel but those scratches were very fine and very hard to see I also used a lot of pressure(can`t imagine that I would ever use that much pressure when buffing my car). How much pressure should you use for the cd test?

tacscar-tim
05-28-2003, 03:48 PM
great, glad you found some towels. i use the same pressure as i would on a car on the cds. not sure how much more or less easier it is to scratch a cd but it does make a good guidline. we recieved some mfs once that actually scratched my wifes eye glasses. imgaine what they would`ve done to car`s finish. not all towels are created equal.

tim

Jeroen
05-28-2003, 03:54 PM
Thanks, I guess they are safe to use then. When I do normally rub a cd I don`t get scratches, like I said only with one towel and they were hard to see and I used a lot of pressure. Well it`s easy to scratch a cd so I guess with a lot of pressure you can scratch it with everything right? The pressure I used, I will certainly not use on my car:)

Viggen312
05-28-2003, 10:19 PM
What is the CD Test? Just seeing if the MF towels will scratch?
I too got some new MF towels but have not used them. They are Viper Towles from PremiumAutoCare.com Anyone ever use these? thanks!

87 Monte SS
05-29-2003, 07:28 AM
Hello,

I use mostly Viper MF towels, and they work flawlessly... especially the yellow one they make for glass. That thing is awesome!

:)