PDA

View Full Version : best glass polish

Envious Eric
12-06-2006, 09:38 PM
is it autoglym??? i havent had very good luck with 66, and dont want to use something like OC on the glass - affraid to try it out. But I am looking for a really good glass polish/cleaner, something used with a PC and light cut pad, or polish pad

second - wax the windows? does it make them repel water like that rain-x junk?

05corolla
12-06-2006, 09:44 PM
I use autoglym and I think it is fabulous! Plus it smells really good, but that doesn`t really matter.

RCBuddha
12-07-2006, 01:27 AM
is it autoglym??? i havent had very good luck with 66, and dont want to use something like OC on the glass - affraid to try it out. But I am looking for a really good glass polish/cleaner, something used with a PC and light cut pad, or polish pad

second - wax the windows? does it make them repel water like that rain-x junk?

I`ve had good sucess with Zaino`s glass polish, I was able to take out some nasty water spotting by hand on friend`s honda.

Waxing the windows is a subjective issue, I`ve tried quite a few products on my windows, and I`ve noticed no real benefit. Additionally, if you don`t fully remove the product, you can add some nasty streaks that will show up when driving into the sun.

I`ve found that just claying and keeping the windows clean seems to work the best (at least for me).

imported_themightytimmah
12-07-2006, 02:33 AM
I`ve had great luck with DP`s old formula glass restorer via cyclo/orange pads. Wipe it off with Aquawax and you get no streaks, no mess, and water repellency that lasts for months. It`s the only glass combination I reach for anymore, I find that its often faster to polish with DP then deal with glass cleaner and streaks.

fdizzle
12-07-2006, 03:02 AM
I`ve had great luck with DP`s old formula glass restorer via cyclo/orange pads. Wipe it off with Aquawax and you get no streaks, no mess, and water repellency that lasts for months. It`s the only glass combination I reach for anymore, I find that its often faster to polish with DP then deal with glass cleaner and streaks.

there is that catch 22 phrase . . "old formula"

iv got that in my shopping cart as we speak cauz AG has got a nice sale goin on. Any comment on the new formula . .?

sorry to thread jack toyotaguy

sevenrd
12-07-2006, 03:53 AM
On really tough water spots, ones that I haven`t been able to remove chemically, SSR1 with a finish pad has worked wonders.

Mr.Concours
12-07-2006, 04:56 AM
I`ve normaly had good enough results with AG glass polish that I`ve not needed to PC it,not sure it rould be abrasive enough for scratches though.

I`ve also been using AG Fast Glass since a boy,never need to try anything else.

joshtpa
12-07-2006, 12:18 PM
Glass Scrub from Properautocare.com

3Dog
12-07-2006, 01:07 PM
There are numerous good methods for normal cleaning. For the tough ones I use PO85RD and these pads on 4" plate.

Oxidation Pads for Metal / Fiberglass (http://topoftheline.com/metpolpad.html)

I always finish off with Werkstatt Prime Acrylic and maintain with 425.

Guy
12-07-2006, 01:55 PM
I second Zaino, have had really great results with this!