PDA

View Full Version : Grit Gard

Nuke33
12-06-2006, 06:47 PM
With the grit gard do i need to use the 2 bucket method?

Im gunna get a shmit with it

BigJimZ28
12-06-2006, 06:49 PM
yea, two bucket is the way to go

MoneyPit
12-06-2006, 06:50 PM
You don`t have to, I use grit guards in both my rinse and was bucket... they`re so cheap, why not? Just do whatever it takes for you to have clean wash water and a clean wash material every time it touches a new panel.

Eliot Ness
12-06-2006, 06:50 PM
Yes, use the grit guard in your rinse bucket so all of the stuff that gets rinsed off of your mitt or ShMitt will settle under the grit guard.

gofastman
12-06-2006, 06:59 PM
Yes, use the grit guard in your rinse bucket so all of the stuff that gets rinsed off of your mitt or ShMitt will settle under the grit guard.

yup, that method works very well!

Dan
12-06-2006, 07:34 PM
Cheapo grit guard is a fluorescent lighting grate available at home depot. Since you cut to fit, it fits oddsized buckets too :D

Eliot Ness
12-06-2006, 07:50 PM
Another thing I like using the grit guard for is a little platform on the driveway when I`m cleaning up. It`s almost perfect for rinsing out pads, MF`s, and mitts with the hose. The GG keeps them off the ground and allows the water to drain off. You can also press your pads against the GG to help squeese the water out of them. All-in-all it`s a great little investment for just $10.

fdizzle
12-06-2006, 09:40 PM
two bucket method is the way to go unless you use a foam gun in your mix . . . iv got grit guards in my wash and rinse buckets . . . . thanks again danase . . .

i will say however, as others here have . . . buy a specific bucket (3.5 or 5 gallon) for the grit guard. i have buckets from home depot that were like 4 or 5 bucks and before i made a modification the grit guards floated to the top because the buckets i bought didnt quite fit the grit guard correctly. . . . . . . . . .

Mikeyc
12-06-2006, 09:58 PM
I`m with John on this one. I still use the two-bucket method. I put my Grit Guard in my rinse bucket. I don`t really feel it`s necessary to have a Grit Guard in your wash bucket, but it couldn`t hurt.

Let us know how you like your ShMitt. I`ve been using mine since shortly after they were released and I`m very happy with it.

3Dog
12-07-2006, 01:15 PM
two bucket method is the way to go unless you use a foam gun in your mix . . . iv got grit guards in my wash and rinse buckets . . . . thanks again danase . . .

i will say however, as others here have . . . buy a specific bucket (3.5 or 5 gallon) for the grit guard. i have buckets from home depot that were like 4 or 5 bucks and before i made a modification the grit guards floated to the top because the buckets i bought didnt quite fit the grit guard correctly. . . . . . . . . .

A plastic putty knife works well to wedge into the gap.

3Dog
12-07-2006, 01:18 PM
Being somewhat anal I use a Grit Guard in the wash bucket and a Dirtguard in the rinse bucket.